Downgrader Warning!

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I like some others down graded a couple of days ago. I went from HD Ultimate to Essentials due to the elimination of Voom not only in protest but for the channels offered at that level were no longer worth the extra $10.00.

I then noticed they took away more channels than they were supposed to. Somehow some of my AT-250 channels in HD were gone like Science, National Geographic, Biography and Hallmark Movies. The HD map downs were in fact "invisable".

I called to complain and the CSR said somehow I was in AT-250 for SD and AT-200 for HD! How could that have happened??

She then started saying some BS of how IFC is replacing Voom. :eek: We all know thats not true. She said her name was Wendy but I would bet it was more like Mohamette by the sound of her voice.

Anyway, since you people watch this site you all know what you are doing. If you do anything with a CSR to change programming, take a good look around to make sure whatever they did, they did right.

I did this just yesterday, when I also wanted to check on the .01 Cinemax deal.

The online chat dude tried to charge me the downgrade fee! I said I don't think so! They made the changes in pricing....why would they think they can charge us the downgrade fee for going from the $20 to the $10 HD plan? He said he'd do a onetime waiver for me. Whatever.

Now, as far as what channels I lost, I thought it was just 5 or 6, according to their website, on the 200 plan. I haven't thoroughly investigated what I still have. The only one it seemed I would not like to lose was the HDNet Movies. But, I still have never even watched it much, so no worries.

Yours truly, Hasham.

I then noticed they took away more channels than they were supposed to. Somehow some of my AT-250 channels in HD were gone like Science, National Geographic, Biography and Hallmark Movies. The HD map downs were in fact "invisable".

Same here. I've even talked to two different people in the Executive Office who claim that those channels belong in HD Ultimate. The website says otherwise.

Look like a case of false advertising. I've been a faithful Dish sub since 1997, but this may change that.

I called to complain and the CSR said somehow I was in AT-250 for SD and AT-200 for HD! How could that have happened??
Wierd, the system should have recognized that you're on at250, and automatically force the correct hd package. I wonder if the system overlooks that if one has Dish DVR Advantage with the 250 add-on?

Do not, under any circumstances, accept a $5.00 down grade fee!!! Absolutely absurd!!!

It's not the subscriber's fault Dish has dropped programming.

I have switched to Dish's HD Only Package ($29.95 - I capture my locals off-air via 722) + HBO, Max, SHO, Starz ($31 + Max @ $0.01 per/year) + I was given a $10 per/month credit for 12 months; No contract.

Stand your ground!

And sure, I miss Comedy Central and my 7 year old misses Nick, but I'm tired of pumping money into Dish's pocket for channels I don't watch AND their removal of Voom.

Dish has managed to piss-off Cablevision/Rainbow to the point I rather doubt we'll see AMC HD, IFC HD or anything else from them for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Do not, under any circumstances, accept a $5.00 down grade fee!!! Absolutely absurd!!!

It's not the subscriber's fault Dish has dropped programming.

I have switched to Dish's HD Only Package ($29.95 - I capture my locals off-air via 722) + HBO, Max, SHO, Starz ($31/ Max $0.01 per/year) .

Sure, I miss Comedy Central and my 7 year old misses Nick, but I'm tiered of pumping money into Dish's pocket for channels I don't watch AND their removal of Voom.

They've pissed off Cablevision/Rainbow to the point I rather doubt we'll see AMC HD, IFC HD or anything else from them for a long, long time.

Lol, same channels we miss. CC and Nick. But man the savings are huge

Is the HD downgrade still an option with the DVR Advantage pricing? Its currently $49 for AT200 + $20 for HD + $10 to go up to AT250. Could I still get 49+10+10 for HD essentials instead of HD ultimate?

Is the HD downgrade still an option with the DVR Advantage pricing? Its currently $49 for AT200 + $20 for HD + $10 to go up to AT250. Could I still get 49+10+10 for HD essentials instead of HD ultimate?
Yep. It would actually show up as $49 (DDA 200) + $20 (HD Essentials with one add-on--- the 250 bonus).