Downgrading from AEP to AT250

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I just downgraded from AEP to AT250, since my 18 months of credits ran out ($10/Mo.) When I did that it offered me the premiums half-off for 6 months. So now I'm saving $13.05/Mo and still have the same channels. Might want to try that out. You could get the offers too.

I did that a few years ago. They gave me each of the premiums at half price and saved me a good amount all while keeping my channels. Since then I've dropped to the AT250 and don't miss the AEP at all. I get the premium movie channels for free occasionally and just record a bunch of movies to watch when I can. Paying $45 extra for the AEP is a HUGE waste of money.

Reactions: jbrelish
I did that a few years ago. They gave me each of the premiums at half price and saved me a good amount all while keeping my channels. Since then I've dropped to the AT250 and don't miss the AEP at all. I get the premium movie channels for free occasionally and just record a bunch of movies to watch when I can. Paying $45 extra for the AEP is a HUGE waste of money.
I just did that this year. With the bill topping $180/month I had enough. I don't miss the premiums either. If its a movie we are interested in we just buy it.

I just did that this year. With the bill topping $180/month I had enough. I don't miss the premiums either. If its a movie we are interested in we just buy it.

I love watching movies but only watch a few a month. If you only watch a few a month like me it's amazing how many you can record and build up a library just by waiting for the free previews of the movie channels or asking to get them free for a few months.

Reactions: TheKrell
My bill is about $175 a month and I'm getting a break on premiums, Sports pkg and BB@H. When the breaks expire in October I'll ask again or cut back to AT200+HBO+SHO. The last 2 times I called to do that I was given a special deal. I keep the prems more for their series than the movies. My wife would react badly if I ever cancelled HBO during Game Of Thrones season.

The only reason I subscribe to the premiums any more is for the original programming. Hardly ever watch any of the movies, maybe 5 or so a month.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I plan on dropping my subsription down to the bear minimum after baseball is through. I have the 250 and have been a Dish customer for almost 18 years. I havwe come to the conclusion that I waste alot of money on channels I hardley watch. My question is how far down can I go? Smart pak or ? Is Dish America Silver or Gold still available? Thanks

I think all three of the Dish America packs are still available. The cheapest plan is the non-HD Welcome Pack, or whatever it's called these days. Is that the Smart Pack?

I think all three of the Dish America packs are still available. The cheapest plan is the non-HD Welcome Pack, or whatever it's called these days. Is that the Smart Pack?

Welcome Pack: $19.99/mo
Smart Pack: $32.99/mo
AT120: $54.99/mo
AT120+: $59.99/mo
AT200: $69.99/mo
AT250: $79.99/mo

There's also the Dish America packages, they start at $44.99/mo, think Silver is $54.99 and Gold is $64.99 (but I am not sure about the prices for Silver and Gold at the moment).

If you want HD, the lowest you can go to is Dish America. Of course, even in the non-HD packs, you'll get locals and a select few other channels as HD. The Welcome Pack is the lowest pack, and it is available to everybody, and is regularly priced at $19.99/mo.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

I know for the longest time you had to get it from a rep, but that may have changed. If you log into your my dish.com account, and click on my programming, do you see it under the programming packages. If yes, then that's your answer

I recently downgraded to from 250 to 120+, its only been a few days, but I am really not missing any must see TV for now, with hectic schedules its been a while since I have really watched full game of Sports, As a family we will miss DIY, but HGTV is good and Disney XD for the son, but regular disney does the job. We will see

I have my ways around not subbing to the premiums. Thanks to my parents (get them all on FiOS) and family in Canada (with a hidden VPN on my iPad) I get the American premiums and TMN out of Eastern Canada.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)