Downgrading Service for Locals & Sports

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
Well I getting the americas 60 Plus for $25 a month,,,But that special will end in July and then I will have to pay full price....
I know I can downgrade and get the Locals for $5.99 amonth.........
What about the Sportschannels????I see they are selling that for $6.99 a month..
Anyone else have that service?
I feel for its not a bad deal,since I still am useing my big dish....JohnnyT

nope. You can get locals for 5.99 only (+ 6.00 bs fee) but to get the RSN's you HAVE to have AT60+ or AT120

I had locals only for 2 years...was 10.99 + tax (there was a $5 BS fee...now its $6)

Yea I know Iceberg,I have the L.A. locals and paying $11 a month....
It looks like on their site they are asking $6.99 a month for Sports...
Hate to keep the 60 Plus when I will have to start paying full price in July lol
I can keep most of the programing on C Band but thought I would keep my Locals and pay a tad extra for the 3 sports channels from NYC for $6.99,,,guesss notttt....dammmmm...JT

johnnytuinals said:
Well I getting the americas 60 Plus for $25 a month,,,But that special will end in July and then I will have to pay full price....
I know I can downgrade and get the Locals for $5.99 amonth.........
What about the Sportschannels????I see they are selling that for $6.99 a month..
Anyone else have that service?
I feel for its not a bad deal,since I still am useing my big dish....JohnnyT

I think you are inferring the multi-sports pack. Most of the pro sports teams on this package will be blacked out. Also, a majority of the programing is repeated on most of the channels in this pack. I usually winds up being a lot of money for repeats and games you can't watch.

What Iceberg is saying that to even order the multisport package requires that you have at least AT60+

Yea on Dishtv website it says the multi-sports pack is $5.99 a month or you can pay by the year with Annual Price: $70.88 for the MULTI SPORT package....
So If I am right the NYC Locals at 10.99
And the MUKTI SPORTS with MSG,NY Sports channel and the New NYSPORT with the NY Mets on it.....For $5.99 a month...
Total $16.98 a month not a bad deal if thats the way it wotks????
I can see that you are mostly right but they are selling the Sports package at $70.88...Let me know if I am wrong?Johnnyt

you are wrong

Locals you can get alacarte but to get the Regional Sports you must have at least AT60+ package on your account to add that. There are very few items you can add alacarte

Outdoor Network (NOT Outdoor life)
locals
Superstations
movie packages
HD

I think I will go the HD way then Mr. Iceberg,,,I might have to say with the 60+ because of the Sports stations.....I ratter just have downgraded and watch most of everything on C/KU band satellite....
Why is dish selling the MULTI SPORT package at $70.88 a year?does not make too much sense if you get the 60+????Thanks JohnnyT

The AT60+ you only get your local RSN...so as an example, since I live in MN I would get FSN North. If I wanted the rest of the RSN's, I have to pay 5.99 a month extra

So what yea saying if I keep the 60+ I will keep MSG ,NYsports channel and the new NYSPORTS station with the NY METS....
And if I pay another $5.99 a month I will pickup all the other sports stations.(no Blackouts?}
But then again I am happy with only the NYC sport channels.....Thanks JohnnyT

johnnytuinals said:
So what yea saying if I keep the 60+ I will keep MSG ,NYsports channel and the new NYSPORTS station with the NY METS....
And if I pay another $5.99 a month I will pickup all the other sports stations.(no Blackouts?}
But then again I am happy with only the NYC sport channels.....Thanks JohnnyT

It has been addressed many times. Blackouts abound on the multisports pack.

yep. All pro sports are blacked out except for your local RSN's. To watch out of market games, you need the appropriate package (NBA LP, NHL CI, MLB EI)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts