Downgrading tv package

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I have the top 250 and I don't watch a lot on it. Wondering best way to go should I do the top 200 , 120 or lower? My promos are running out next year and wondering what the best option would be?

I'm down to American top 120 so I can get still Fx.

Justified is coming on soon, good show.

Take a look at the channel up cards and see what channels you can really live without. 120 still has a nice assortment of channels with HD anything under that (smart pack/welcome pack) things get real limited

This would really depend on what channels you watch the most. Make a list of some of the channels you use the most and see if you can match those with a lower package. That should help you cut down.

I am at 250 right now, I just looked to see some differences. Looks like for 120 there would be quite a few I would miss. Now for 200 looks like the only channel I would really miss is DIY as well as the family enjoys that Chanel as well

I am at 250 right now, I just looked to see some differences. Looks like for 120 there would be quite a few I would miss. Now for 200 looks like the only channel I would really miss is DIY as well as the family enjoys that Chanel as well

I'm the same. I have DA Gold but have started making lists of what I can live with and without. I'm leaning toward DA Silver. I may go back to one of the AT packages for IFC, etc as I'm not sure they'll be included in the Dish America packages.

We had AT250. While it is a nice package, we were not watching all the channels. Therefore, we got Dish Latino Dos with the $5/month Encore Movie Pack. What it really boils down to is what channels do you really want and watch. I would come up with a list of channels and then compare them to where they are in the packages. There may be one or two channels that are outside a smaller pack that you could live without.

Dish Latino Dos link: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-dos/
Channel Line-Up Cards: http://www.mydish.com/programmingguides/

I've decided to downgrade AEP $105 BB@Home $10
to Dish America Silver $50 Sho+Starz $26 BB@Home $10
to save $29/month. (DA Silver while we can still get it. And before AEP goes up.)
I do like the Epics channels and HDNetMovies.
Hey, HBO and Cine dropped fast. They are offered at 1/2 price for 6 mo.
Will miss Bill Maher and Curb your Enthusiasm when they come back.

SD channels in red, HD?: 102 TVGN ESPNU TNCK CSPAN CSPAN2 ION IONW RURAL K's & W's, INSP TBN EWTN ANGEL KTV CCNEW ANGLE2 CTN IMPCT RT NASA 349 USN FSC+ PAC12 PLBYE (Latin...) AUD13 ... 3ABN KBS BABY1 BYUTV PNTGN ARTS G4 LINK ENLC ALMA FSTV BTV RAI

SD channels in green, HD?: TVLND DIY E! STYLE GSN BIO H2 BET OXYGN AMC TCM FOXMO BBCA FX ESNWS ESPCL SPEED NBCSP MTV MTV2 VH1 VH1CL NUVO NKJR NICK NICKW DISE DISW DISXD BOOM NICKT HUB ABCFM OWN NATGW G4 ID AMERI MIL DOC CLOO CHILR HLN TRU FXNWS FOXB BLAZE CURNT VERIA RFDTV SOAP CHRCH DYSTR UNVSN GLVSN OVATN EPXDR REELZ TMC-W TMCXW ENCRW EACTN TMC-W TMCXW ENCRW EACTN EDRAM ELOVE SPMAN FUEL TENIS HRTV TVGAM FSC BEIN PLBY

HD channel alive, SD in red: NBATV NHLN
HD channel alive, SD in green: NTGEO
HD channels would be in red/green had they been listed likely?

Excuse misses please. Really big loss is TCM. How did I miss that?

---
The next project is to switch out (722+722 main) + (622 son's room) for a Hopper+Joey.
This halves the raw tuners but should be much more coordinated.
This should change $34 extra DVRs + $6 DVR
to $10 DVR + $7(?) for Joey. +/- a couple of dollars at month's end.

I'm hoping/expecting installer to take DVRs and saving $15 each.

One 722 is acting up, EHD transfer gets as slow as real time.

-Ken

Impossible to say what package would be best for you. You need to look at each of them, including Latino Classic, Dos, and Max and seeing which package gives you the most for the least dollar.

Decided I want to keep TCM and AMC for some series, maybe. So it goes up $10 to go to AT200+BB@Home+Starz+Sho.
BTW the change over took say 10 min after accepting. Dish sure can control that.
-Ken

The easiest way I found was to look through the DVR timer list to see what you record from a channel to make the decision. If you only record 1 show with 10 episodes a year, it is cheaper to just pay the $30 for 10 HD episodes from iTunes or Amazon VOD than to pay $10/month for a year if you really want the show. Then it is also commercial free with no annoying pop up ads.

I ended up going from top 250 to dish America. Would do smart pack but there's channels I watch but they weren't included. Tv is becoming quite expensive.

Anyone have a list that lets us know what channels are just in the 120, then if you want to upgrade to the top 200 the channels that are added are listed, etc. I've been trying to compile a list of all channels I watch via Dish.com so I could make a informed decision on downgrading and it's a PITA.

I dropped from AT250 to DAG and everybody noticed! :( (The Dish website was wrong and even I was surprised at channels that were lost.)

Anyone have a list that lets us know what channels are just in the 120, then if you want to upgrade to the top 200 the channels that are added are listed, etc. I've been trying to compile a list of all channels I watch via Dish.com so I could make a informed decision on downgrading and it's a PITA.

Go to www.mydish.com/programmingguides. You should be able to printout the channel listings and compare from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)