Downgrading while under contract

m4dh4xx0r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Central Iowa
My current package is: AT200, HD free for life, and platinum.
Hardware: 722K, 211K

My contract is up in January, but I'd like to try and save some money. I'm thinking of getting rid of the 211K to save $7/mo and dropping down to AT120 to save another $15/mo. In addition to this, I may also drop Platinum to save another $10/mo.

Will there be any issue with doing any/all of this since I'm still under contract?

No, changing packages doesn't affect your contract terms. Well, it may specify a minimum package that you can't go below (in the past, I recall seeing "Dish Family" as the minimum/lowest allowed), but from AT200 to AT120 won't be a problem at all.

You can change your programming at any time as long as it is a qualifying package, which the AT120 is. As for dropping the 211, you may get some kind of charge after so many days. I know the retailer would get charged back.

I'm pretty sure you can drop the add'l receiver too but will have to return it to Dish. They'll make you pay the shipping cost too... :) Contract terms don't require any specific number of receivers, other than (1), of course.

I'm pretty sure you can drop the add'l receiver too but will have to return it to Dish. They'll make you pay the shipping cost too... :) Contract terms don't require any specific number of receivers, other than (1), of course.
If you disable a receiver there would be no cost to return it on an active account.

When Dish gonna drop these stupid contracts B.S..i am understand when wanna sign in as new customers ..Do the contract with,. Because gives free installation & HD boxes to someone don’t know about history with Dish Company or so,. But for someone like me with Dish more then ten years still wanna do something upgrade or whatever, have to contracts for couple years or more. It Just B.S after these many years Dish eating my money & credit cards, still doing that to people like me, well June 2012 gonna over with these contracts an locked up B.S with Dish & cancel it ..And say hello to Internet TV :)
Thats gonna goes these days & alot cheaper

When Dish gonna drop these stupid contracts B.S..i am understand when wanna sign in as new customers ..Do the contract with,. Because gives free installation & HD boxes to someone don’t know about history with Dish Company or so,. But for someone like me with Dish more then ten years still wanna do something upgrade or whatever, have to contracts for couple years or more. It Just B.S after these many years Dish eating my money & credit cards, still doing that to people like me, well June 2012 gonna over with these contracts an locked up B.S with Dish & cancel it ..And say hello to Internet TV :)
Thats gonna goes these days & alot cheaper

I could be wrong, but I believe there is a way to do so without a contract. I think the fee is $99, though. I think it is an activation fee. If you have been with Dish for a while, maybe you can try asking for retention via online chat support or/and phone in order for you and Dish to make a deal. That way it may be possible for you not to pay the fee or have a lower fee. This also allows Dish to keep you as a customer instead of losing you to another provider. You may even want to ask a DIRT member to look at what they can do to help you if possible.

I could be wrong, but I believe there is a way to do so without a contract. I think the fee is $99, though. I think it is an activation fee. If you have been with Dish for a while, maybe you can try asking for retention via online chat support or/and phone in order for you and Dish to make a deal. That way it may be possible for you not to pay the fee or have a lower fee. This also allows Dish to keep you as a customer instead of losing you to another provider. You may even want to ask a DIRT member to look at what they can do to help you if possible.

I'm amazed you could even wade through that grammatical train wreck.;)

Figured I'd update the thread - I ended up switching from AT200 to AT120 (I'm only losing 2 timers in this switch). Also, I dropped platinum and Dish is sending me a box to return my 211K.

This is cutting my bill (before taxes) from $82.99 to $50.99 ($32/mo savings).

Figured I'd update the thread - I ended up switching from AT200 to AT120 (I'm only losing 2 timers in this switch). Also, I dropped platinum and Dish is sending me a box to return my 211K.

Glad it worked out! Now "Lets Watch TV" :D

I think I've been brainwashed...... :help:

I had to go down to AT120 also because the bad economy finally got to me.Having HD for Life I noticed at the time I changed packages that that was the lowest I could go and still maintain my HD For Life on my account.Let's hope this economy gets better so I can afford more channels!.;)

SportsSouth on Dish Multi Sport Package Now

wing dish for EA dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)