Downgrading within initial 6 month contract

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I signed up with voom in December for the $1 install and had picked the va va voom package.

Now that I am into a few months of voom here and am enjoying it, I find myself mainly watching the Voom originals and my local ota stuff thru the box.

Long story but I still have comcast basic cable too (tivo/wife related) and it ain't worth fighting about so we still have basic comcast service for the wife and tivo.

Anyways I was wondering if I could downgrade my service with voom to the lower package vs the full monty va va voom since I rarely watch the pay channels.

I KNOW if I joined during this 6 month commitment at the basic voom package of $49 per month and said I wanna go to va va voom they would have no problem doing that (they make more money that way) but I wondered as a person still within the 6 month commitment period if they would not allow me to drop the service down to the lower level voom basic.

Just wondered if anyone had done this or heard of anyone doing this...

I do like voom and hope they stay around a while, I also called voom but sat on hold so I gave up, even emailed them yesterday asking this question yet still no response so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here just incase someone knew...

Thanks for any input,

If I had that Voom DVR I would stick with the va va voom then I could record and watch stuff back off those pay channels like HBO and such, but at this point I don't find myself watching HBO or the other pay channels as much as I thought I would.

Bill

If you signed up with VAVAVoom, I think that is your minimum committment.

They may let you downgrade. "May"

You should have signed up for the lower package then upgraded.

The same goes for Dick and Dave.

Same goes for Cell phones.

But hell, give it a try.

"You may change your programming package at any time during the 6 months, but you are subject to current pricing"

- The Disclosures

I have downgraded from vava voom to basic voom with out a penalty!! subscribed on 17 Dec and back off premium channels mid January 2005

They were actually very nice about letting me drop my va va voom (then 95 per month after taxes) to basic voom (54 per month after taxes)...

I was surprised when I did finally talk to them that they said sure no problem without any hesitation, still enjoy voom channels yet not all those pay channels (that i wasn't watching much anyways).

Bill :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts