Downton Abbey - Amazon Prime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes Amazon announced that Downtown Abbey was coming to Amazon Prime. I think Season 3 has to wait until summer though.

I signed up for Amazon Prime...might as well, with all we buy from them. Roku will be getting a workout! Hoping Scott's guess about future Hoppper apps for such comes true.

Is anyone vidcapping and posting the Christmas special? My mom loves the early shows I got for her. Thanks.

Is anyone vidcapping and posting the Christmas special? My mom loves the early shows I got for her. Thanks.
I've downloaded the torrent.
Think there's even a 720p.
I hate watching onece a week, so I've saved them up for a holiday marathon.
Besides, there's sure been damned little to watch the last 10 days! ;)
And +1 on that topic update.
Almost as annoying as those who interchange "than" with "then".

osu1991: What is a Downton anyway? Do they explain it in the show?

You might be interested in this, Charlie Brooker does a year-end wrap up around this time. This is last years: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VgD55akq4I There will be another one this year, soon to hit torrents everywhere, on the 28th.

Here he also discusses overused news tropes. www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI

I don't watch the show. I get it for my inlaws thru my vpn directly from ITV. Downton is a village on the river Avon in England.

osu1991: Oh, you mean you get Downton from ITV on VPN. I thought you meant Charlie.

Anyway, saw half the 2013 Wipe. Loved the way they deconstructed Breaking Bad. Apparently they don't watch/get AMC over there, but they get it only on NetFlix. Interesting. Will have to keep watching it.

Also a lot of news happened that they don't cover here. But there is some news we get that they talked about.

osu1991: Oh, you mean you get Downton from ITV on VPN. I thought you meant Charlie.

Anyway, saw half the 2013 Wipe. Loved the way they deconstructed Breaking Bad. Apparently they don't watch/get AMC over there, but they get it only on NetFlix. Interesting. Will have to keep watching it.

Also a lot of news happened that they don't cover here. But there is some news we get that they talked about.

I actually watch more BBC, ITV, Rte, Channel 4 and Channel 5 UK/Ireland programming along with Ten, Seven and Nine Networks Australia than I do US programming. What little English language foreign programming that makes it to the US, I have usually already seen months or years before.

Vise Versa most US programming makes its way to the UK and AU, but is several years behind. They're getting better as some are now only 6-9 months behind US airings but most are still a season or more behind.

PBS Version returns January 4th ...

Downton Abbey’s fifth season will debut on January 4, PBS chief Paula Kerger announced this morning. She boasted the fourth season was up 16% year over year – among the reasons PBS will not consider an air date that more closely coincides with the British play-pattern — and that the Masterpiece franchise within which Downton Abbey airs is up 24%. “We’re extremely proud of this growth and continue to focus on Sunday night drama,” she told TV critics at Summer TV Press Tour 2014.

deadline.com

Not sure why there´s no PBS Downton Abbey thread.

Anyway, nice start for the last season (sadly)

That was a nice wedding.

Nice episode, Granny brilliant as usual with her lines,

Of course she´s entitled to an argument but not to win it

Few episodes left for this series, sadly for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)