DP 34 and 4 satellites?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tansu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Have 2 dp 34 and 61,110, and 119.
Want 129 for HD locals and not buy 2 dp44.
Any ideas?

All my equipment is owned and self installed.

Last edited:
I stated what I have and what I want!
It's probably not possible.
If I installed myself, I probably have enough sense to know what satellites do what!

Have dp 34 and 61,110, and 119.
Want 129 for HD locals and not buy 2 dp44.
Any ideas?

All my equipment is owned and self installed.

Why would you have to buy two DPP44 switches? Unless you have more than 4 receivers, you should be fine with one.

As an alternative, you can always buy 2 (or 4, depending on how/what type of receivers you have) DP21 switches and combine the 129 after the DP34 switching.

Iceberg is correct.

If your locals are on 129, the receiver will ignore 61.5 in favor of 129.

Everytime it does it's nightly update everything will default to 129.

So with the exception of channels that are on 61.5 and not on 129, your setup will not need 61.5.

This was posted in tech forum not the chit-chat forum.
I do not need "advice" on what satellites can and cannot do!!!
I need 61 and want 129 with dp34 - just like the title states.

Can you run the 61.5 in one of the 34's and the 129 in the other? Only other option would be to sacrifice one sat or open your wallet for the DPP44 or 1000.2

Can you run the 61.5 in one of the 34's and the 129 in the other? Only other option would be to sacrifice one sat or open your wallet for the DPP44 or 1000.2

I agree!!!
Get the 1000.2 for 110, 119, 129
leave the 61.5 (for whatever) and connect to port 4 of 1000.2 lnb

cheaper than 44 switches!!!!!!!
fred

He has two DP34s, so lets assume 5 or more tuners at this point. If he has dual tuner receivers, he can go with one DPP44.

Can a DP21 cascade into a DP34 at all?

This was posted in tech forum not the chit-chat forum.
I do not need "advice" on what satellites can and cannot do!!!
I need 61 and want 129 with dp34 - just like the title states.

No Need to be rude about it. Were here to help. What were trying to tell you is the programming on 61.5 is duplicated over at 129. The only thing that is different is some international programming which is migrating over to 118.7 and sky angle which is moving on to IPTV. So access to those channels will be lost in a month or so.

You would loose no hd channels by switching birds, in fact, you would gain your locals in hd. Now if you cant swing your dish due to an LOS issue then thats a different story but please try to be more respectful when explaining things.

As far as this being posted in a Tech Forum vs a Chit Chat forum. Im a moderator here and Ill be the deciding factor. The deciding factor is that this is a relaxed place so chit chat is allowed. Dont like it then you know where the door is. We are very open and tell it like how it is. The goods the bads, it doest matter. Thats why we are the number one site on the internet for satellite info. Were all about helping others which is the reason why were named Satelliteguys, not satelliteguy! If you want controlled moderation then DBSTALK.com is for you!

Dunno, but those different numbers + that cascade word sure does make me uncomfortable. :) Interesting thought though. Like using a Legacy quad + SW21 + Legacy dual in a two-dish solution?

They work... you should do a search for the mad scientists threads here. I was the guy who did 5 locations with a dpp 44 and dp 21's . It is very possible to do 4 locations with a dp 34 and dp 21 switches and not hard if wired right.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/256755-post2.html

Apparently, this is how it would be done. However, this guy would need several DP21 switches to make all his receivers get all four birds. The costs of so many DP21s might make the transition to DPP44 more attractive.

I liked doing the Legacy Twin + sw21 cascades, even back then, many techs were unaware you could do it and thought it required an sw64 to bring the 500 and the 300 together.

Sooo... jumper from a DP34 output going to input #1 on the DP21 with a wing dish going into input #2 on the DP21? Cool.

What're you talking about "cost", vegas? :p Nice thing is I tend to acquire anything I might need for my house if I ever decide to get TV service outside of rabbit ears. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)