DP 34 Switch problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gluck

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I have two dishes 300 and 500 using a SW21 switch to connect to my single receiver.
I needed to add another receiver so got a DP 34 switch which I have attached to the output of the SW21. Now when I have one receiver attached to the DP switch it works fine. If I attach the other receiver it shows signal loss screen. The moment I put ity back to to single receiver every thing works fine.
Did I do something wrong? I am guessing I should have had the two inputs from my two dishes straight to the DP switch rather that combining them together with SW21 and then inputting it to the DP34.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, just take the SW21 out of the mix. The DP34 switch has 3 inputs, good for 3 satellite locations. Most people want the LNB 119 coax on input 1 of the DP34, 110 on input 2, and the third satellite on input 3.

And :welcome

RandallA said:
Your LNBs have to be DP to use a DP Switch. Since you had a SW21 which is a legacy switch your Lnbs are legacy. You need to replace the LNBs with DP LNBs.

In case I have an LNB and want to connect multiple receivers I can't use DP 34? What switch should I use then?

If you don't want to use a switch, you'll need a Quad Legacy LNB and that will feed 4 receivers but will only give you 119 and 110. You still need to combine that D300 feed with the D500 so you need to use a switch.

Also, tell us what receivers you have.

RandallA said:
If you don't want to use a switch, you'll need a Quad Legacy LNB and that will feed 4 receivers but will only give you 119 and 110. You still need to combine that D300 feed with the D500 so you need to use a switch.

Also, tell us what receivers you have.

The part I don't understand is that when I have one receiver connected I get the channesl but the moment I have two receivers it shows a signal loss screen.
Right now I removed the SW21 switch and directly hooked it to the DP switch still same thing.

Gluck are you sure it isn't dumb cluck, you can't mix Dish Pro and Legacy switches and/or LNBs. YOU MUST USE ALL DISH PRO or all Legacy switches/LNBs.

gluck,
There are places to learn LNB 101, but in a nutshell, the DBS satellites have Even and Odd transponders. The Legacy LNB switches between Even and Odd by changing the DC voltage to the LNB, 13 Volts for Odd and 18 Volts for Even channels. Instead of using voltages to access Even/Odd channels, the DishPro "stacks" the Even channels on top of the Odd channels by shifting them up in frequency.

You didn't mentioin what receiver(s) you are trying to connect. If they are 4-digit (Legacy) receivers, they don't put out the 19V that the DishPro DP34 switch needs to operate properly. If one receiver was outputting 18V and the other 13V, that wouldn't be good for the DP34 or the receivers.

If you want to keep the DP34 and have Legacy receivers, you're going to need to replace the LNBs with the DishPro versions and get DishPro Legacy Adapters. The other option is to run more RG6 (assuming you have a Legacy Twin on your Dish 500) and get another SW21 so you can have both receivers hooked up. That scenario assumes your Dish 300 has a Dual LNB (two connections instead of one). If it isn't or you have DishPro-compatible receivers, you're better off going to DishPro LNBs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)