Recordings from my 942...

nebachanezar

Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and must say it is awesome. I just had my new 622 installed which replaced my leased 942. Before I send it back, would like to know if there is a way to transfer my recordings from my 942 to my new 622.

Welcome to satellite guys! I'm sorry there is not a way to do that. Hopefully you can fine post of the things you have saved on reruns somewhere.

I have the same setup as you and just hooked up the 942 on another input and I am watching the recorded shows I want until I have to send it back. It will come up Searching for satellite, just press help and then press cancel on the next screen and then hit the DVR button on your remote and you should be in business.

Good Luck

funkenstein said:
if you have a pocket dish, you can transfer the movies onto that, then transfer them onto your computer. Expensive transfer, no?

Are you sure? I had read that the PocketDish could only upload back to the same unit it downloaded from but I haven't kept up with it.

waltinvt said:
Are you sure? I had read that the PocketDish could only upload back to the same unit it downloaded from but I haven't kept up with it.
It CANNOT even upload back to the unit you downloaded from.

I just ordered my 622 and the Techie told me that I would need to get a PocketDish to transfer the recorded programming using USB. OTH, he said 5 minutes later that I could put it on VHS or CD/DVD. Not that I'd EVER want to watch anything on VHS with my TV, but CD/DVD would probably work, too, wouldn't it? I've put off buying a DVD writer because nobody can seem to make up their minds whether it's going to be HD-DVD or Blue Ray. I would think there would be someone clever out there who's figured out how to move the files from one hard drive to another...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)