Last Nights Recordings?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Last night five shows I had scheduled to record did not record correctly. They each started to record, stopped and then started again. This happens normally when storms are present, but there were no storms last night. I also did not loose power last night. It was a mixture of Dish local channels, OTA channels and Dish regular channels. All of the shows were missing 10 to 15 minutes in the middle of the show. The 7 PM shows recorded correctly. The 8 PM and 9 PM did not.

Any ideas what happened?

Every show being recorded last night had several incomplete recordings.

When I checked the Dish satellite readings first thing this morning it had 110 and 119 checked, but there were no readings on the tuner, satellite, transponder or strength. When I checked a few minutes ago everything was back how it should have been. I did a hard reboot to see if it corrects the problem.

Last edited:
Every show being recorded last night had several incomplete recordings.

When I checked the Dish satellite readings first thing this morning it had 110 and 119 checked, but there were no readings on the tuner, satellite, transponder or strength. When I checked a few minutes ago everything was back how it should have been. I did a hard reboot to see if it corrects the problem.
the hard reboot is the correct start. I think something is going on with signal that is disrupting. That could be a variety of things from dish blockage (maybe a tree getting leaves), loose connections in wiring anywhere from the dish to the receiver, or perhaps a failing LNB.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Something else weird started happening today. Whenever I go to watch something on the DVR the screen comes up with a scrambled looking screen. The audio works fine. After a few minutes the video will come up. This happens when I stop the DVR recording also. It does not happen watching live TV.

Any ideas?

Reactions: charlesrshell