dp 34 switch Problems!

Quaresma2020

Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Hi guys,
Im new to this forum and would like to say how are you first of all...

Ok I have a problem... I have a superdish with a smaller 18 inch dish for 61.5.
I have 119, 110 and 61.5 connected to that switch.. but when I do a check switch it's only has 119 on it.. I know I have signal on 61.5 and 110 because I connected each signal directly to the reciever to make sure I had signal.. All my lnb's are dish pro lnb's.. I've had them all connected in all 3 different ports and I only get 119 that's it.. I mean im getting extremly frustrated here.... I know the switch works because my uncle has the same setup as I do at his home and it worked fine there.... Im loosing my mind... Can anyone help me??

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying!!

Ricardo

are you sure the switch isn't bad?

If you only get 119, it is possible the switch went out.

You should hook 119 into port 1, 110 into port 2 and 61.5 into port 3

another option is unhook the cable from the back of the reciever and run check switch to clear everything out. Then rehook cable and rerun check switch

There are a couple of things that could be wrong, did u try changing the port on the bottom of the 34 switch, if so then make sure the connectors are flush and not rusty, when you run a check switch does it do 1 of 3, 1 of 1, of 1 of 38. if does 1 or 3 and it is only reading 119 the switch is mostly likely fine if does on of the other options there is a couple of different things you could do 1st call dish network and set up a trouble call, 2nd hook up the lines from the sat directly to the rec and run a check switch see if it reads the other sats, if you just go to the point dish screen and go to 110 sat and it shows signal in the red it's not reading 110 it has to lock on and be green. what kind of receiver to you have. it is a legacy receiver it could be the adapter.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick replies..... I tried unhooking the cable in the back and doing a check switch to clear everything out... but that did not work... When I do a check switch it says 1 out of 3... But it only shows 119.. I KNOW for a fact that my signal 61.5 is good.. I had it 114%... My 119 is at 80% and 110 is at 75%.. I know the switch is not bad because I tried it at my uncles house and it worked just fine....I don't know what's going on here!

Try putting the feed for 110 in port 1 and run check switch. See if it detects 110. Do the same for 61.5 and see if it detects it. It could be the cables for 110 and 61.5.

hello,
Ok guys I've tried everything you good people have posted and nothing works.... I got a sw-21 switch just to see if I can at least get 61.5 along with 119 and nothing.. just read's 119 that's it... I tried just hooking up 61.5 alone and it says it's there but ODD.... and then at the bottom of the screen it says no switch box detected.... This is exactly what it says when I put a sw-21 switch

1 1 1 1 2 2
Satalite: X X 110 110 61.5 61.5
Polarity: X X Odd Even Odd X

That's exactly what it show's me when I just tried 110 and 61.5 WITHOUT 119...
Any suggestions?

I vote for the cable. Try the cable for 119 on 61.5 and see what you get.

Make sure the cable is RG6 rated to at least 2200 Mhz. Also check the connectors and make sure there are no braids and the white insulator of the cable should be flush with the metal flange.

When by-passing the switch, you have good signals on all 3 LNBF's 119, 110, and 61.5. You tried connecting the receiver to all 4 Outputs. Your switch works at your Uncle's house, and he has the same type switch. You did not say what you had, but did not deny a DP34 switch.

I'm voting with RandallA, it's the cable, but with the following additional comment.

The center conductor of the RG6 cable needs to be longer for the DP34 and DPP44 switches, than what is required on other equipment. I believe 3/16" or longer past the ends of the threads should do it, buy maybe longer.

A second possibility is that it is a new receiver, or old receiver not in service for awhile, and needs to have the latest software downloaded in order to work with the rest of your equipment. You should be able to directly connect either 119 or 110 directly to the Sat 2 Input (or the Sat Input), with the receiver plugged into an electrical outlet, but the receiver not turned on. Within 30 minutes it should take a software download.

What type of receiver do you have?
What is the software version on it?

EDIT: After you do a check switch, if you don't get your expected results, immediately do another check switch and it may help. If not, you may try removing the switch and LNBF and then do a check switch which should show nothing, and you can start from scratch.

EDIT: Also, if you are not going to use that SuperDish for 121 or 105, you could re-peak it for 119 and 110 for better signals.

Last edited:
are there any low frequency barrels or ground blocks in the system??? a bad one will cause the same problem. at the dish , with the reciever on, see if there is power in the line.

Hey guys I FOUND MY PROBLEM....

It was not my switch at all..... What I found out is... The dp34 switch will not work unless the lnb's are all DISHPRO lnb's.... That's why only my 119 was working because it was a dishpro.. The other 2 were not... soo I bought new ones for the other 2 and it worked... I just want to say thank you to everyone in here that gave me options to look at, you were all very helpfull.. Thank you again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts