dp+44 switch question

rr7296

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I have a guy coming out today to install a dish for voom. I currently have a superdish 121 so I know I will need the dp44 but dish only charged me $99 for the dish install? Should they have charged me additional for the dp44? I'm just worried the guy will show up without one.

In my experience, I've been able to talk everyone of the close-out CSR's with Dish into allowing a DPP44 switch whenever I've felt it was warranted. At no cost to the customer either. It will probably show up on your monthly statement as a debit and a credit for the amount of the switch.

I had the same install, called for a dish for voom at 61.5 as a add on back when voom came to dish for my 121 superdish the installer got here and did not have a switch said work order said nothing about a switch ( Heck i even asked for 1 when i payed my $99 buxs to dish for the install ) anyways so i called dish with installer here and they said let me talk to the installer and after the call the installer told me they said i had to pay $200 for the switch and $59 per hour for the installer (Of course the call had ended so the installer had to tell me,

So i was pissed and called dish up and told them that I asked for the switch and was told that all i had to pay was $99 buxs and switch was included because it was needed with the superdish install so i said look at the order i placed and of course it was wrong they put it in as to install a must carry dish and nothing about a switch or any other info for that matter, so installer called his boss and he sent out a switch and said for the installer to put it in and he would pay the installer the extra for the install and not to charge me extra, so i got my install and it was a good install figureing all is well and then i get my bill and sure enough there was a charge for $200 buxs for a switch & a $59 install charge for 1 hour to install it so i had to call again and got the run around and dish said if i dont pay it that i would get canceled and they would come get the switch so i asked to speak to a manager and after a hour on the phone i got it credited to my account and all was good and then 2 weeks later i got it credited again so in the long run after 2 months dish payed me $159 buxs to install my dish at 61.5 and a switch i shook my head and said if they don't know what is going on with there installs then it is there loss and im not going to bother with them anymore,

So just be careful about everything and hope all goes well with your install

Thanks for replies! Well the guy came out and had the dp+44 switch, so there was no issue there. However he said dish wanted him to install a dish 1000 and point it at 129? He said he didn't think he had a clear line of sight to 129. I asked him if he could point it at 61.5 with an existing dish 500? He said dish was getting away from using 61.5 for voom. He then called his supervisor and his super told him to call and dish which he did, about an hour later he finally got off the phone and they said okay for him to use dish 500 and point it at 61.5. Well then I'mw atching the guy and he is pretty much aiming at 119 direction???? I said isn't 61.5 this way??(pointing finger) he said no i already locked on to 61.5. An hour later after he can't get the receivers to find anything other than 119/110/121 he calls for backup. The backup guy comes out and gets on the roof and points the dish the way I originally thought was 61.5 and bammo, there was 61.5 and voom on my tv. What an ordeal.....worth it though, love the voom channels.

Good to hear the Voom channels are coming in fine now. The only thing that would cause some concern is the use of 61.5 VS 129. I'm sure it's fine in the meantime, but a part of me wonders how long Dish is going to continue simulcast on both birds.

webbydude said:
Good to hear the Voom channels are coming in fine now. The only thing that would cause some concern is the use of 61.5 VS 129. I'm sure it's fine in the meantime, but a part of me wonders how long Dish is going to continue simulcast on both birds.
I think the simulcast will be permanent - at least as much as anything is in this business. Remember - 129 is NOT useful for much of the east coast. I see 61.5 being used for HD for them once th FCC finally approves the sale.

You wont have to worry about the dpp44 showing up on your bill.. They charged you for an existing customer install, which includes all equip.. unless the agent screwed up the work order.