DP or DPP with rg-7 and rg-11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
This is more oriented towards the installers out there.

Theoritical maximum distance with DP or DPP using rg-6 is 200 feet. Perhaps a bit more if you're so inclined :D

With that said, what would be the furthest a person should feel most comfortable with using either rg-7 or rg-11?

i used RG-11 over 450 ft, signal was at about 60's. SD dish was on roof 32nd floor and DP 34 was on 30 floor and then receiver was on 5th floor of American Express building in Minneapolis. then i had to re locate receiver because i didn't get 121 down there.

i wanted to put switch on 20th and 10th floors but maintenance guy would not let me cut lines because there was 10 RG-11 running down through there. By having the switch only 2 floors away didn't make much difference. I couldn't test it in different locations though.

Last edited:
another test we did in office before dish came out with DP technology. Discovery store in Mall of America wanted us to install Discovery channel at there store when we came to do site survey, according to the engineers the run was about 1000 ft from roof to the store so we came to the office and experimented we used 96" dish and 2 500 ft spools of RG-11. it didn't work with 1000 ft we tried bullet-amps still wasn't much help but it worked with just 1 500 ft spool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts