DP Plus 44 Stacking Diagram

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mpdclark

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Currently I have a DP Plus 44 looking at 61.5, 110, 118.5 and 119. Can anyone point me to a diagram to stack another 44 switch onto my current one? I want to add a fifth satellite 129 into my current setup. Thanks in advance for any help you send.

Adding another DPP44 will just give you 4 extra outputs for receivers. To add a 5th satellite location you will need a DP21 per satellite tuner. For example, if you want a 5th satellite on a 722 you will need 2 DP21 switches. You can no longer run a single cable to a Duo Receiver if you do that so you'll need two cables for a Duo receiver. If you have another Duo receiver, then you need another 2 DP21 switches and so on.

Why not point the dish at 61.5 to 129?

Last edited:
Will adding a DP21 to one ouput of a DP34 allow me to add the 129 location to a 110/119/61.5 setup on a 622? I've got a VOOM mast I can mount a spare DP300 with DP twin on (once the snow melts). Thank you!

Opps - I mean 2 DP21s on two outputs.

Why would you want or need the 129 satellite? And a Dp44 and a DP21 are both switches...I don't believe you can trunk them together. How would you get 5 satellite feeds to a receiver using that combination?

Here is an example of how this stuff works:
5sat.jpg

How would you split the signal from the 5th sat local so that mult dp21's can be used?
You have to have a dp21 for each tuner that you would like to have 5 satellites on. In other words, you can have a dp21, one for each of the 4 ports exiting the dpp44. Maximum of 4 tuners, unless you have trunked into the mix another dpp44, which would give you 8 tuners.

Last edited:
You have to have a dp21 for each tuner that you would like to have 5 satellites on. In other words, you can have a dp21, one for each of the 4 ports exiting the dpp44. Maximum of 4 tuners, unless you have trunked into the mix another dpp44, which would give you 8 tuners.

I still don't understand how the output from the 5th satellite is split so that more than one DP21 can be used. As I understand things, one input on the DP21 is used for the output of the DPP44, the other DP21 input recieves signal from the 5th satellite location. On your diagram there is only one output from the 5th location.

Thanks again.

Oh, I see what you're saying.
If the 5th lnb is a dp dual, you're good for 2 dp21's, but if you're wanting more, there would have to be a way to "split". I think that what you are asking is probably uncharted territory, but possibly do-able.

Oh, I see what you're saying.
If the 5th lnb is a dp dual, you're good for 2 dp21's, but if you're wanting more, there would have to be a way to "split". I think that what you are asking is probably uncharted territory, but possibly do-able.

Has anyone used a DP34 to split the signal from the 5th satellite position?

With Dish Pro technology it is band stacked so a single satellite location can be run into a hi frequency satellite splitter. In other words a dual LNBF could feed 2 four way satellite splitters giving 8 outputs to connect to a pair of DPP44s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)