dp switch

ffire522

Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
one of my dvr receivers stop receiving local stations yesterday i have gone thru the installation process in the menu and says multiswitch problem only one satellite being received , all of my other receivers are getting local channels . would this have to do with the dp 34 switch going bad thanks for your help.

ffire522 said:
one of my dvr receivers stop receiving local stations yesterday i have gone thru the installation process in the menu and says multiswitch problem only one satellite being received , all of my other receivers are getting local channels . would this have to do with the dp 34 switch going bad thanks for your help.
Swap the line for that receiver with one of the receivers that is receiving locals at the DP34 and see if your locals come in and if they do then you probably have a bad switch, and if it doesn't then I would be looking at the receiver.

ffire522 said:
dish wants $120 for a new switch and this one is only 6 months old.
If you bought it from Dish there might be a warranty on it(1 year?).
If it is a switch and there isn't a warranty on it you can pick one up on Ebay alot less than $120.

This sounds like it could be a line problem. Make sure that the cable running from the DP34 switch to that reciever is in good condition with no kinks, cuts or barrels/splitters.

If you do switch the ports on your recievers and the problem stays with the one reciever then it is definately either a line issue or a reciever issue.

Try that before flopping out any dough. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)