DP Twin and single receiver

phil hunter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Hi,

I am trying to install a Dish 500 with DP Twin LNBFs. The single receiver is a DP 301. My question is, do I need a dp21 switch or not. I have been told by one Dish phone rep that I do, and by another that I don't. In any case, I have been unable to get any kind of a signal wiith a single cable connection from port A on the DP Twin to the receiver. Looking at the install gude, it says that each port carries both 119 and 110 signals, but there seems to be a caveat in the following "Each cable carries both 119W and 110W signals once you use each receiver to check the setup". This, of course means two receivers, and I only have one. When I run the check switch I get the following:

Installed Switch DP Twin
Input 1 2
Conn Conn
Polarity X X
Device Twin Twin

Status Problem detected, check connections.

I have tried three different RG 6 cables, one rated up to 2300 Mhz, so the connection is good. Also, the system info says that the connection is good to the LNBF, but that there is no signal.

Any advice would be grealy aprpeciated, since I am a real novice when it comes to satellite installs.

Phil

the switch is built in so its just a cable from the LNB to the receiver. I have the same setup (one DP Twin to a 811 receiver)

The dish has to be aimed and picking up both signals before running a check switch. If you dont have a signal, the check switch wont work :)

Hi,

I already done that. Based upon my zip code, My setting are Az 169, El 50, Skw 86. I have checked the mast and it is completely vertical. I have tried elevations from 40 to 60 in 2 degree increments. I have slowly moved the Azmuth from 120 to 220 degrees, and have not received the slightest signal. I have not changed the Skw, per the instructions. At this point, I suspect that the LNB is bad. It is a used unit that I purchased off of ebay. The receiver is one that I have owned since new. It was replaced by a 625 about a year ago, but was working fine until it was stored in my closet.
This install is on an outbuilding on my property, so I needed another dish, but had everything else.

Any other thoughts?

Phil

Clear the switch matrix on the 301 receiver. Just run check switch without the satellite feed connected. Then as suggested above, select TP11 on 119 and try aiming again.

Try swaping the LNB on the correctly aimed dish with the new LNB from ebay. If it works on the correctly aimed dish you know it is not an LNB problem.

Also try hooking up the 301 to the working line to the 625 to rule out the 301 as the problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)