DP+ with OTA?

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I'm on a simplification kick, again, and I want to know if it's possible/practical to combine signals from an OTA antenna into my Dish wiring. Currently, I have a single LNB (unsure of it's model) on a wing dish at 129W running into a Dish Pro Plus (110W, 119W), which then runs into my house, through a separator, and into my 722. I do have HD programming, which I suppose is why I need the wing dish.

Can I use a diplexer to inject the antenna signal between the wing and the 500, or after the 500, or at all? I'd assume that I would put a similar unit just before the separator on the 722 as well.

Side note: what happens if I just plug an OTA antenna into the LNB in port on a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish, or on a D500 that doesn't use a wing? :eek:

You can combien OTA and the satellite signal on the cable that goes from the LNB (110, 119) to the DP Separator. Like you said, you need a diplexer just before the DP Separator.

"Side note: what happens if I just plug an OTA antenna into the LNB in port on a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish, or on a D500 that doesn't use a wing?"

Nothing, it's not designed for OTA input. Maybe interference if anything.

"Side note:..." it will feed LNB voltage into whatever is connected, possibly damaging something.

Anybody know how Terk uses this LNB voltage to their advantage and injects the TV44 signal into the bundle of snakes out back?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts