DP301 LNBs

63fury

Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
What LNB's are compatible with a DP301 system?

Do I have to have a signal before running a check switch?

it's all depends on the LNB. if you have Dish Pro LNB the test will go any where from 2 of 2 1 to 38. can you tell a little bit more about the LNB?
if you have no signal it will tell you no switch detected

If you are using DP equipment, a check switch with no signal will tell you what type of equipment you have and will essentially confirm continuity from the LNB to the receiver. It would kinda help to isolate the problem as an alignment issue.

it's all depends on the LNB. if you have Dish Pro LNB the test will go any where from 2 of 2 1 to 38. can you tell a little bit more about the LNB?
if you have no signal it will tell you no switch detected

DP LNBs and switches will not result in a receiver doing a 38 step test unless a different issue exists. Try it with a DP34 with no incoming dish cables. You will get a 3 step test that identifies the switch but has the Xs on all three satellite locations.

DP LNBs and switches will not result in a receiver doing a 38 step test unless a different issue exists. Try it with a DP34 with no incoming dish cables. You will get a 3 step test that identifies the switch but has the Xs on all three satellite locations.

i know that. i was just using as an example to see what type of LNB he has. legacy, DP, or DPP

I have an old 500 dish with two seprate LNB's one for 110 and one for 119. Two cables run into a sw21 switch then one cable to the receiver.

Last night I unhooked the reciver and did a test switch to clear out the old data. Then I re plumed my pole and readjusted all the setting aimed the dish due South and started moving it west an inch at a time and I got a 119 signal and a 110 signal (strength 80) after about 5 inches. Then I went in and ran check switch and it gave me results of:

119 odd = green
119 even = green
110 odd = green
110 even = red

So I'm not getting 110.

Then I bypassed the sw21 switch and ran a cable direct to the 110 LNB and did check switch again. and got the same results, no 110 even.

So I think the 110 LNB is bad.

how old is soft wear on that receiver just do check switch with Sat's hooked up after that cancel out and turn the box of if it need new soft wear it will start the down load with in 2-5 minuets after shutting off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts