DP301 loses sat. lock

SSB

Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Here is what I have. Dish 500, dishpro, DPtwin, RCAdp301.
For the last couple of weeks I have been getting error 015 for a couple of seconds and then it the picture comes back.I'm getting this on both satellites and different transponders,but it mostly happens late at night on 110 spotbeam 2 (local channels). When I go to point dish,signal strength is between 110-123 and goes between locked and wrong sat.not locked with no change in the strength bar. This seems to happen late at night if that helps. our weather has been clear between mid 70's day to mid 50's night.
Been on the phone with dish tech support, pulled the smart card several times, hard reboot, check switch. nothing helps.
I saw somewhere on here to check the voltage from the receiver, it's at 20Vdc on both satellites and all transponders. I also unhooked the cable and did a check switch and then hooked back up and did a hard reboot.All test check out o.k. but still losing satellite lock.
I don't have anyone local to test receiver. So should I buy a new receiver or a new lnb.

First thought is to check your line of sight - vegetation moves. There's a batch of Twin LNBs that have temperature problems - CS9601. Can't remember if they were DP or Legacy, or what the exact symptoms were other than dropouts.

Of course, for all problems, a cable check is in order. Check the connectors. Any moisture issues? Trouble at night could be a condensation drip into a connector.

The way you tried to do a switch matrix reset was incomplete - wouldn't hurt to try it again. Disconnect sat feed. Check Switch. Pull power. Check Switch AGAIN. NNow, hook it back up and Check Switch to get back to normal.

I tried everything

Thanks for the info, spent half the day realigning the dish,cleaned all connections, reset the matrix the correct way, and still having intermittent problems throughout the day, mostly sat. 110 spotbeam2, but also happened on 119 transponder 6 and 16. those channels read over 110 on the strength bar.
Beautiful day in the mid 70's so I think I can eliminate the temperature sensitive lnb. Is there a way to test the receiver without taking it to someone? If I get another receiver, should I upgrade or stick with the same model number?

Thanks in advance!

No receiver test I know of without going to a neighbor's house and checking it out.

Maybe you can get a local retailer to sell you a replacement LNBF with a return-if-not-needed privilege.

Just wanted to verify: did you feel of the LNB and see if it is considerably warm? They heat-up some but if it feels too hot for the outside temperature, it could be one of the faulty ones referenced earlier. I had one that was getting too hot and it had to be replaced.