DP311 Problem

kerronis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
US and A
I am having trouble acquiring a signal with my DP311. Also, I have a 622 hooked up and it has been working fine with no problems. Back to the problem at hand...

I am getting the "ATTENTION 015" screen where it is looking for TP's on 110. The farthest it will get is Progress 1 of 5, then it will switch TP's and start over again. When I go into Menu, 6-1-1 signal strength is excellent, but I am getting a Wrong Sat message. Is mine supposed to be on 110? I change it to other sats and I get excellent signals as well, but it says Wrong Sat on those too. I called tech support and they had me go through a bunch of stuff to no avail and said they would have to send out a tech for $29.95, then I promptly told them that I should not have to pay for a bad installation. BTW, this has been installed since late April with no problems until now. Anyone have any suggestions??? I still can't get over the fact that they want to charge ME for a problem I did not cause.

Thanks

Your lnb might be failing. I went out on several service calls with the same problem this week. It appears that there has been many heat related lnb failures. This would be the case, if the problem goes away in the eveniing when the outside temperatures cool down,

Your lnb might be failing. I went out on several service calls with the same problem this week. It appears that there has been many heat related lnb failures. This would be the case, if the problem goes away in the eveniing when the outside temperatures cool down,

Problems persists night or day unfortunately :(

The warranty on an installation lasts 90 days. It looks like you're just beyond that limit. You stated that you had no problems until now so I'm guessing there was nothing wrong with the installation. Like Mike500 says, it sounds like you have a piece of equipment failing, probably the LNB. You could possibly purchase an LNB for less than the $29.95 service call fee and DIY, but frankly the savings wouldn't be that much. Sorry that you had something fail just past the warranty, but that does happen. Since you're talking $29.95 instead of $99 for the truck roll, I'm assuming you have DHPP. You're not paying for the part, just the discounted service call fee. We're not talking a huge amount of money here. Why not just pony-up the $29.95 and be done with it? If that's the worst thing you have going on in your life, you're really pretty lucky! (That service call will get you a new 90-day warranty on that service as well, and the parts will continue to be covered indefinitely with DHPP...)

Last edited:
The warranty on an installation lasts 90 days. It looks like you're just beyond that limit. You stated that you had no problems until now so I'm guessing there was nothing wrong with the installation. Like Mike500 says, it sounds like you have a piece of equipment failing, probably the LNB. You could possibly purchase an LNB for less than the $29.95 service call fee and DIY, but frankly the savings wouldn't be that much. Sorry that you had something fail just past the warranty, but that does happen. Since you're talking $29.95 instead of $99 for the truck roll, I'm assuming you have DHPP. You're not paying for the part, just the discounted service call fee. We're not talking a huge amount of money here. Why not just pony-up the $29.95 and be done with it? If that's the worst thing you have going on in your life, you're really pretty lucky! (That service call will get you a new 90-day warranty on that service as well, and the parts will continue to be covered indefinitely with DHPP...)

Right, I have the DHPP, believe I got that when I signed up for an 18 month commitment. I realize $29.95 is not a lot of green, but its the principle behind the whole matter. A 90 warranty is ridiculous IMO. Not trying to bash E* b/c Ive been very happy, but if you had equipment failure with cable you wouldn't have to pay a cent. Guess that is the nature of the beast. Thanks.

Well, as a local dealer, if I had installed it, I would have been out there fixing it the day you called me.. But that's the difference in Independent retailers and buying through a large company..

The wrong sat message is not your problem. That is just a software interpreting a problem. It will show a good signal and wrong sat if the sat selected at the top is different that what you are connected to.. If you have run a check switch from that menu what would help us would be for you to tell us what you see when you run that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)