DP34/311/121 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spaceghost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I was hoping I could find some solid answers on some problems I have been facing with this setup. I am very well versed with DirecTV's product, but when it comes to Dish's setups, I don't know all the in's and out's.

I do frequent service calls on the SuperDish with the 121 slot and primarily uses a 311 receiver. I very rarely had problems with the DP34's, but it seems since software X438's release, I have had to replace 3 switches so far. I don't know if this has to do with the issue. All three cases involved the receiver not being able to see the actual switch. A simple replacement of the switch got the system up and working.

On my most recent venture, I had problems with the switch. Often I find the LNB order out of place. I know this isn't an issue, but i always make them uniform to make it easier to trouble shoot (ex: 110 on port 1, 119 on port 2 and 121 on port 3). I have always been able to simply switch them around, do a check switch on the receiver, and everything works fine.

On this paticular incident, I put them in order, but the receiver would not recognize the 119 at all ( it was not found and I was not getting a signal indicator). I unplugged it for several minutes and I also did a check switch w/out the cable hooked to the switch to reset the default. Nothing fixed it. I ended up putting it back to the original setup (119 on port 1, 121 port 2, 110 port 3) and it worked fine.

Another question, can I/what is the method to allign the 121 with the birdog 3.0?

thanks!

I dont know if its affordable to you oor not, depending on who you work for...but EVERY time i visit a service call with a superdish installed, i remove it, and the switch and install a dpp system.
solves every problem without even bothering to troubleshoot.
of course, i've never worked in an area where anyone was actually using the 121 sat for any programming...

I dont know if its affordable to you oor not, depending on who you work for...but EVERY time i visit a service call with a superdish installed, i remove it, and the switch and install a dpp system.
solves every problem without even bothering to troubleshoot.
of course, i've never worked in an area where anyone was actually using the 121 sat for any programming...

Its business TV and its coming off the 121. No way around that.

Actually, the proper order should be:

1 - 119
2 - 110
3 - 121/129/118/148/61.5/etc.

119 is Dish's "primary" sat and should be on port 1. Note that all of the multi-LNBs have 119 as port 1, except the 1000.4 which uses 61.5 as port 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)