dp34 installtion problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rtchin

Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Having problems installing a dp34 switch. exisiting, working setup, dish 1000, 2 irds (vip211, 381). i added a dp34 switch to try and add a 3rd receiver. 1 tiwn lnb, for 119/110, one dual lnb for 129.

this is what i did. i disconnected the 129 from the twin input. i ran the two out cables from the twin into the dp34, port 1 and 2. i ran a separate cable from 129 to the dp34, port 3. hooked up the vip211 to test on output port 1 from the dp34.

ran check switch. comes back with:

input 1: x x nc
input 2: 110 all twin
input 3: x x nc

dp34 is used, but from a working system.

i take out the dp34 and put all back to original (129 out, to twin in...twin out to receiver), i get 119, 110, 129...all working.

any suggestions? bad switch? any help is appreciated.

Try swapping the cables at the switch. Put 110 on port 1 and 119 on port 2, just to test it. If 110 fails on port 1 then you have a bad port 1. Do the same with port 3, that will give you an indication if the switch is bad.

You could also clear the switch matrix on the receivers.

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch.
Connect satellite feed and run check switch again.

ok, so i'm still fiddling with it this morning. new info. i decided to just try disconnecting the 129 to the dp34 all together. i put the twin out port 1 into port 2 on the dp34, the twin out port 2 into port 3 of the dp34.

check switch...

now it sees:

input 1: x x nc
input 2: 110 all twin
input 3: 119 all twin

port 1 must be dead on the dp34...right? or am i missing something here?

thanks for any insight anyone can give.

thanks Randall, looks like port 1 on the switch is the problem. i guess that's what happens when you buy stuff off ebay.

just doing some more testing. i connected 129 directly to port 3 on the dp34, check switch find 129 on port 3. looks like port 1 is dead.

i'll try that. what are we talking about? the center conductor sticking out like half an inch?

How did the problems manifested? For what he's describing I don't think the problem is the DPP Twin.
Several T/C's that myself and other techs went on had the same issue. DDP Twin with DP34sw and always 1 or 2 satellite's missing. Replaced DPP Twin with two duals everything ok. Tested twin back at shop everything ok. On the T/C all cabling was replaced and power receptacles tested to rule out any issues with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)