Dp44??

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I service a system that has four DP34s cascaded, and am likely to add a fifth. I would like a couple of their receivers to have access to a fourth satellite, but when I seach for DP44, all I find anywhere is DPP 44.

This customer doesn't need agile stacking. Does the DP44 exist, or did it get passed by? I'll probably just run a seperate trunkline for the fourth LNB line and couple some of the DP34 outputs to it through DP21s rather than buy DPP44s, if those are my only two choices.

I've only seen the DPP44 and it's quite expensive. Adding a DP21 to the DP34 outputs should do what you need to for the 2 receivers.
You have 4 DP34s cascaded? I thought the max. was 3 cascaded DP34s.

If you have a Dishpro Quad you can run up to 24 receivers 3 dp34 switches to each set of ports off the Quad. In theory you can't run more than 3 dp34 switches off a twin.

The DP44 exists only for those who don't get the name right. It actually is called DPP44 which can alternately be written as DP+44 or even spelled out as DishPro Plus 44. I've never read anything about a DP44 having been considered.

For 2 receivers just cascade through a couple of DP21s.

FYI

I installed the fifth DP34 today. Maybe 150 feet or more from the antennas to the junction closet, where all three DP inputs are boosted by inline Channel Master 5117 amplifiers. Four DP 44s on that floor,one on the floor below. Some receiver runs exceed 150 feet.

I get roughly the same "signal strength" numbers off the receivers on the fifth switch as I do off the first one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts