DP500 vs. SW21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhhman

Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I'm new to the forum and Dish Network. GREAT forum!!!![/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have DP-500 on my home. I have a legacy dish(500) at my cabin. When I bring my 311 box up to the cabin for the weekend, I don't get the local channels. Works fine from home. Cabin is in the same spot beam. I checked to see what was different between the two. In device info, one says DP500(home) the other says SW21(cabin). I get 110 and 119 reception @ about 65% on both. I brought my brothers Dish 311 box up and it works like a charm. He has the same legacy dish @ his home. Is there a difference between DP500 and SW21? Do I need to change something in the 311 box? Any help would be appreciated.[/FONT]

I ran a check switch and both sats where "GOOD". It found the SW21. Do I need to reset box?

If the dish using the SW21 has DishPro lnb's, it is the SW21 switch causing you the problem. You either need legacy lnb's to work with the SW21 or a DP21 switch with DishPro or DishProPlus lnb's.

Does the 311 box have anything to do with this problem?

Why does one 311 box work and another 311 box not work? The box that works is connected to the same type legacy dish 500 dish. Is there a difference in the older 311 boxs and newer 311 box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts