DP64 Switch

iokepa

Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
Chicago Area
I have a problem with my switch. I have a two Dish500's (110&119) and 6.15 connected to a DP64. With an 811, 510 and 501 connected. One of the ports on the switch (#3) fails to find port 2a (110 Odd). Does anyone know if this is a problem with the coax or with the switch itself? When I swap recievers, they all have a problem finding 2a when connected to port #3, but on the other lines, all receivers find all ports on the switch.

A tech came out and recommended an upgrade to a DP34, but Dish want's to charge me for the whole DishPro setup (over $300). He did not swap the coax at the switch to determine if it is the line (and they installed all of the lines). Any help would be appreciated.

SW64's burn out easily, even more so if you leave them outside to the weather. Check the port you're having trouble with. If water somehow got in, the port will be fried and the connector will show signs of corrosion.

Not sure if you can take say, your 119 wires into that port and run a switch check. if it'll work you can eliminate the LNBF, and pretty much narrow out the switch as your culprit.

First you don't have a DP64 there is no such switch. You have a SW-64 that is a Legacy 6 inputs going to 4 outputs. You could try replacing the coax cable going from your 110 LNB to the input port 2A if it is exposed to the weather corrosion could have damaged that cable. The fact only port 3 is having problems finding port 2a indicates the problem is in the switch. A new SW-64 suggested retail is $149.00 DISH may give you a better price to replace just the switch, but the SW-64 has a history of problems. All of your receivers are Dish Pro compatible and DP has been more reliable "so far" it might be worth upgrading but it is your money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts