DPH42 switch and the "Dish Guy"

aikoentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Peoria area Central Illinois
When I upgraded to a Hopper3 and 2 Joeys the DPH 42 was not available in the U.S. I had the Tech install the EA antenna on a non pen-roof mount on the ground as a temporary install. I had 3 1m antennas already installed for my old hopper going into an SW44. I received the DPH42 and installed it using two of the 1m antennas peaked on 77 and 61.5 with DPP LNBFs and life was good. after about a month the DPH42 failed. I setup the old temp install EA 1000.2 and called Dish for tech to change out the failed switch. The Tech refused to change the DPH42 because they do not work in the US with DPP LNBFs. I told him that it does indeed work and showed him the diagram and he still argued his point. I asked him to at least peak in the 1000.2 EA antenna as I had only tossed on the ground aimed in the general direction. I went back into the house and noticed the Van leaving without any work on the signal. Wow, so much for Professionalism. To be fair I did let him know he didn't know what he was talking about and should get some more training.

Another "Dish Guy" came today. DPH42 screwed up and caused an open in the coaxial cable run to both DPP LNBFs. Of coarse they were buried in a 75' cable run. I told him to leave the switch, cable and connectors and I would take care of it myself. Now everything works as before and all is good. I feel sorry for these Techs. that don't receive proper training or that don't have the experience needed to handle other than the basics. Maybe I should come out of retirement and install and repair again.

Another "Dish Guy" came today. DPH42 screwed up and caused an open in the coaxial cable run to both DPP LNBFs. Of coarse they were buried in a 75' cable run. I told him to leave the switch, cable and connectors and I would take care of it myself. Now everything works as before and all is good. I feel sorry for these Techs. that don't receive proper training or that don't have the experience needed to handle other than the basics. Maybe I should come out of retirement and install and repair again.

You'd probably make more money at McDonald's. The guy Dish always sends to my house cuts corners and drove off without peaking my dish one time also. It's pitiful. When he was here installing my H3 I already had a line ran for him, an open foot on the roof for the new dish, and lines to the rooms toned out. I overheard him on the phone with his boss, who was apparently asking him why he was done so quickly with the job, and he said "this guy knows what's going on." I guess that makes me dangerous ;)

DPH42 screwed up and caused an open in the coaxial cable run to both DPP LNBFs. .

Wonder how the DPH42 did that? Was the RG6 copper clad steel or copper center conductor? I've had connectors go bad, but never a failure like that on our sat/antenna setup.

You'd probably make more money at McDonald's. The guy Dish always sends to my house cuts corners and drove off without peaking my dish one time also. It's pitiful. When he was here installing my H3 I already had a line ran for him, an open foot on the roof for the new dish, and lines to the rooms toned out. I overheard him on the phone with his boss, who was apparently asking him why he was done so quickly with the job, and he said "this guy knows what's going on." I guess that makes me dangerous ;)
That's pretty much the same comment I get from every installer that Dish sends to me, too. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts