Dpp 44 installation question

gonzalez1

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
hi I want to have 2 30” dishes with regular dual lnb pointed at 110 and 119 for strong signal gain hooked up to a dpp 44 (4 of them) using a separator for hookup to vip 222k models (16 of them)

Will this work?

I'm pretty sure you can only cascade three DPP44's together for a total of 12 outputs.

There are other ways of adding more switches that includes power pass hi frequency splitters.

What I can’t figure out is what dish has against the 222. It’s an MPEG 4 box
What dish has against the VIPs is the same thing that dish has against all the Legacy boxes: the old software. it looks like dish is trying to cut expenses by having one core software: the software based on the Hopper. There is a legitimate expense and complexities in maintaining several flavors of software, and chief among them is having to hire more coders on staff--and labor is often the highest cost to a business--to help keep up with those different flavors of software and the boxes that use them

A growing number of apps, including Dish Anywhere and TiVo are becoming iOS or Android ONLY (Amazon is a foked Android), and cutting costs by dropping versions for Roku because of Roku's unique operating system, which brings added cost and complexity. Maintaining apps for two operating systems is cheaper than three. Also, from what I've been told iOS and Android offer a lot more capabilities that can be done with the apps that consumers seem to demand and expect in modern apps and provide greater value for the company offering those apps for its services than Roku's more limited OS.

I really do think unless Roku thinks of something else, within 5 years it's going to be the has-been connected device simply because that it is not iOS or Android. I suppose Roku could come out with an Android based connected device that would give it life far into the future, but it would give up a lot of control and possibly its current advertising revenue stream due to its proprietary OS Roku devices. We will have to see.

Last edited:
hi I want to have 2 30” dishes with regular dual lnb pointed at 110 and 119 for strong signal gain hooked up to a dpp 44 (4 of them) using a separator for hookup to vip 222k models (16 of them)
Will this work?

That's a good question?

My guess is that you will get a little better signal if you use the two dishes with single LNBs, i'm not sure what will happen if you plug 2x dishes pointing to the same sats?

About the x16 - 222s it will be cheaper and all TVs will be HD if you switch to 211s or Wally's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)