dpp 44 switch/33 switch

K_dgoodwin

Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
north carolina
I have 6- 322 receivers. Dish 500 with DPplus LNB. Also, a 44 switch trunked with a 33 switch. The problem is 4 of the receivers loose signal occasionally. When they loose signal, they also loose all of the remote addresses for TV2. For example, tv 1 and tv 2 will all have #1 address which causes all tv2 remote to operate all tv's on tv 2. Dish network said it was probably the receivers but it seems pretty rare that 4 receivers would go bad all at the same time. It doesn't happen very often but it is annoying. I have learned to change remote addresses myself so I don't have to keep calling Dish. Could it be a switch. The 4 receivers are all in a closet and 2 are in the rooms with the tv. Also, I have IR to UHF Pro remote extenders for the TV 1 side of the receivers.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys. This should actually be down in the regular Dish forum not in the 922 forum. When you say lose signal what do you mean? Are we talking a brief loss like when a storm comes through or are you talking about an extended period when they are disconnected fromthe satellite stream?

The switches shouldn't have anything to do with the remote addresses as these are stored on the receivers themselves. Do each of these 4 receivers have the same remote address? Or are you controlling each of them with the same address? What addresses are you using? If the same maybe someone with the same address has changed it? What does it change to when this problem occurs? Maybe some more details about what is going on right before this issue comes up would be helpful.

Sorry about the post, I'm new to this. When receivers loose signal, they go to the acquiring satellite signal screen but they never progress(0 of 5). After I reset and check switch they are fine. All of the tv2 addresses are different ( ex. 2, 7, 10) and the tv1 addresess are different as well. After, the receivers are back on, all of the addresses tv1 and tv 2 are address 1.

Ok, from what you described, I would guess that you are setting all the remote addresses back to 1 while trying to re-address the tv1 on each of the receivers. You actually do not need the IR-to-UHF Pro remote extenders for the 322 receivers. You can actually change the tv1 remote operation to IR AND UHF Pro in the receiver itself. You still need to keep the UHF Pro remotes to operate tv1 on each 322 receiver. You can refer to these instructions on page 34 of the manual for the 322. You can access the TV1 UHF Pro setup in the 322 by pressing menu-6-1-8.

When setting up the remote addresses, it would be best to REMOVE the remote antennas from all receivers EXECPT the receiver you are working with. This will help to eliminate the other receivers from picking up the signal from the remote and receiver you are programming. When you move onto the next receiver, simply attach the antenna to that receiver only. Remember to attach all antennas after you are done programming all the remote addresses.

I hope this helps! How long have you had this setup, and how long have you had this problem? These are just a few tips especially when dealing with multiple UHF Pro remotes and receivers. It can be tricky not to change them all at once while programming!

Thanks so much for all the advice. The question I have is why are the receivers experiencing the signal loss and when they do the addresses are going to #1.

What is bad power? Can a 33 switch be used with a Dish Pro Plus LNB when used with a DPP44 switch? Someone told me the 33 switch was not compatible with Dish Pro plus. Is this true?

So, dpp33 is not compatiable with dish pro plus in any kind of set up including with a 44 switch in line first?
It's not compatible with DPP LNB's, including the DPP Twin you indicate is installed on your dish. Put a couple of non-Plus units on there (a DP twin is fine too).

The DPP44 is OK where it is; the trunking ports merely pass along the connected LNB's (but in your case, those connected LNBs are unsupported).

Your remote reset issue really does sound like some kind of power glitch as noted above. Something's making the 322's not just reboot, but reboot back to their out-of-the-box state.

What is bad power? Can a 33 switch be used with a Dish Pro Plus LNB when used with a DPP44 switch? Someone told me the 33 switch was not compatible with Dish Pro plus. Is this true?

This is true. And neither is the DPP44 in all actuality. With either of those switches, you need to be running DP Duals. A DPP Twin being fed into a 44 switch is asking for problems. It may be part of the issues you're experiencing.

This is true. And neither is the DPP44 in all actuality. With either of those switches, you need to be running DP Duals. A DPP Twin being fed into a 44 switch is asking for problems. It may be part of the issues you're experiencing.

Not true. Dish's official Installation Reference Handbook--May 2009--says DPP LNBFs are fine for DPP44 inputs, so long as they do not use the DPP LNBF wing-sat input feature.

I am presently running a DPP Twin with a Dish500 feeding a DPP44 for sats 119 and 110. A separate DP Dual LNBF on a 30" wing dish is feeding the DPP44 129 signals. The DPP44 is in turn feeding four HD DVRs, each via a single cable and separator. Works great!:up

The 44 switch off of the DPP Twin is fine. That 33 needs to go. 33 switches coupled with DPP twins give receivers the howling fantods. I would see about replacing the 33 switch with a 44. There's a very good chance that this would solve your signal issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)