DPP 500Plus LNB and Additional Information

Boogeyman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2014
watertown
I am a newbie and I need help with respect to the new DPP 500PL LNB.

I need to know if the connections in the attached photo is correct i.e.

DPP500+showing connections.jpg

Port 1=119
Port 2=110
Port 3=18.7
Connection from 129 goes to LNB in

My understanding is that the DPP 500+ has it’s on built in switch so there is no need to get a switch.

I am running a Hopper.

What do I need to connect all three cables to one cable to the Hopper. Would I need a three in one connector to one outlet?

What Dish Reflector would I use with the DPP 500+ LNB.

I am 65 yr old man and I do not understand all the techy language. Reply in layman’s terminology. Appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Here is a link with information about the installation of a 500 + dish: http://caottimail.com/InstallationReference.pdf. A 1000 + dish can receive the 119, 110, 118.7, and 129 satellites. The 500 + cannot pickup the 129 satellite.

If you are using the Hopper, you do need a switch (DPP 44) between the dish and the Node for the Hopper. From the Node, you connect 1 RG6 3Ghz rated coax cable to the Hopper. Each receiver in your system feeds with 1 coax cable from the Node.

You can search the Internet for information about the installation. Thanks.

I am a newbie and I need help with respect to the new DPP 500PL LNB.

I need to know if the connections in the attached photo is correct i.e.

View attachment 100451
Port 1=119
Port 2=110
Port 3=18.7
Connection from 129 goes to LNB in

My understanding is that the DPP 500+ has it’s on built in switch so there is no need to get a switch.

I am running a Hopper.

What do I need to connect all three cables to one cable to the Hopper. Would I need a three in one connector to one outlet?

What Dish Reflector would I use with the DPP 500+ LNB.

I am 65 yr old man and I do not understand all the techy language. Reply in layman’s terminology. Appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Why aren't you taking advantage of the free install? You don't need to learn the technology just say yes to the free install for new customers.

Here is a link with information about the installation of a 500 + dish: http://caottimail.com/InstallationReference.pdf. A 1000 + dish can receive the 119, 110, 118.7, and 129 satellites. The 500 + cannot pickup the 129 satellite.

If you are using the Hopper, you do need a switch (DPP 44) between the dish and the Node for the Hopper. From the Node, you connect 1 RG6 3Ghz rated coax cable to the Hopper. Each receiver in your system feeds with 1 coax cable from the Node.

You can search the Internet for information about the installation. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I will search the internet for installation information.

BTW can I use a SW44 switch instead of a DPP44 switch?

No, DDP is Dish Pro Plus technology while SW is Legacy. These two cannot be used together. I agree with Boba and get the free install in your case.
Oh I see Two different technologies. Good to know.As I said before, I a newbie. Lots to learn.

You can watch a DISH Technician do the install and ask questions while he is working and you won't be making costly mistakes like trying to use a SW44. Though it is begining to sound more like you aren't a DISH newbie as you posted.

It’s good to learn the new technology. You learn something new everyday.
That sounds like one of the benefits of Alzheimers: meet new friends every day.

The technology is changing so fast and it hops around so much that what you learn today will be a history lesson in a couple of years.

That sounds like one of the benefits of Alzheimers: meet new friends every day.

The technology is changing so fast and it hops around so much that what you learn today will be a history lesson in a couple of years.

That sounds like one of the benefits of Alzheimer's....I am not there yet...cm still do newspaper crossword puzzles in the adult section.....lol

You can watch a DISH Technician do the install and ask questions while he is working and you won't be making costly mistakes like trying to use a SW44. Though it is begining to sound more like you aren't a DISH newbie as you posted.
Seriously, I am a newbie trying to install a dish all by myself.

The 500+ DPP lnbf has 3 DPP coax outputs. Run 2-3 ghz cables from the lnbf to a Solo Node. Run 1-3ghz cable from the host port of the Node to the Hopper. No external switch (ie dpp44) is needed.

Reactions: Boogeyman
The 500+ DPP lnbf has 3 DPP coax outputs. Run 2-3 ghz cables from the lnbf to a Solo Node. Run 1-3ghz cable from the host port of the Node to the Hopper. No external switch (ie dpp44) is needed.
What do you mean by Run 2-3 ghz cables from the lnbf to a Solo Node. Do you mean to get a connector which would allow me to join the three cables as inputs and then I would only have one output to the Hopper?

Looking at previous posting history on July 2 2014 you posted that you were a Canadian and your thread had 33 posts. Are you looking for different answers?

Yes. I am.

I complained to the agent that I was not receiving the channels I paid for. He sent me the wrong LNB and Dish Reflector in the first place. He has now sent me a DPP 500+ LNB but not the proper reflector. I am trying my best to do this installation myself. In the meantime I am trying to get my facts correct without being flamed at as in my original pots.

Thanks for replying

If your using a Hopper with a Solo Node, run 2 RG6 cables to the LNB from the Solo Node, then run 1 RG6 cable from HOST port on Solo to the Hopper, If you have 1 Regular Joey run 1 RG 6 or (RG59) cable from the Client port on Solo to the Joey.
If you have a Super Joey you will need an integrator, 1 rG6 cable from Integrator to Dish Lnb the other 2 the Client Port, if oyu have both a Joey & Super Joey then you need to add a Splitter from the Client port on Solo then from splitter 1 to Joey and 1 to Integrator. a Dish 500+ is for 110,118.7 & 119, you can make it into a 1000+ by getting an add on kit which would be an arm that bolt onto the dish lnb mount & single or dual DPP lnb, that would plug into the 119/118.7 lnb.

for 118.7 you will need at least a 30" reflector, 118.7 is mostly International channels and 129 is mostly HD Channels and Locals.

Hope this helps.

If your using a Hopper with a Solo Node, run 2 RG6 cables to the LNB from the Solo Node, then run 1 RG6 cable from HOST port on Solo to the Hopper, If you have 1 Regular Joey run 1 RG 6 or (RG59) cable from the Client port on Solo to the Joey.
If you have a Super Joey you will need an integrator, 1 rG6 cable from Integrator to Dish Lnb the other 2 the Client Port, if oyu have both a Joey & Super Joey then you need to add a Splitter from the Client port on Solo then from splitter 1 to Joey and 1 to Integrator. a Dish 500+ is for 110,118.7 & 119, you can make it into a 1000+ by getting an add on kit which would be an arm that bolt onto the dish lnb mount & single or dual DPP lnb, that would plug into the 119/118.7 lnb.

for 118.7 you will need at least a 30" reflector, 118.7 is mostly International channels and 129 is mostly HD Channels and Locals.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)