DPP44 and High Current Diplexors...

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Are the Holland DPD2 (high current capable diplexors) required on all switch ports, or just port 1 with the power inserter.

I'm pretty sure it's port 1 only, but I don't want to let out the "magic smoke" in the DPP44 ;)

Cheers,

Randall,

Thanks. I did a self upgrade to a DPP44 this evening.

I'm using the Holland DPD2 on the ports where I have power inserters (the DPP44 and the antenna amp).

The other ports are using std Holland duplexors.

Best,

Just curious... i was looking at the spec page for the Channel Master 4002IFD, http://www.channelmaster.com/pages/dip.htm, and wasn't sure about the power handling ability of that diplexor.

I've got, hmmm... four installed around my house. Starting from the dish, i have a DPP44, and two outputs (1 + 2) going through a pair of diplexors which are connected to each other to bridge my TV2 distribution.

Line 1 goes to my 322 which runs into a hacked TiVo, outputting TV on channel 4 into a third diplexor.

Line 2 goes downstairs into my bedroom where i have an HD DVR and the 4th diplexor. The output from that diplexor goes to my TV, where i can get signal from the TiVo on channel 4 and output 2 of the 322 (when that's hooked up).

I haven't noticed any issues with the installation around the power inserter, but i'm also diplexing below the inserter (which i figured was correct). I'm thinking that i might need to hook up my 1 mhz to 1000 mhz amp to boost output from my OTA antenna before inserting into the dual diplexors by the switch, so i can run OTA HD as needed. Does anyone think the 4002IFD can't take that much heat? They seem to be built pretty well and i've had good luck with them so far and other Channel Master products...

thanks for any feedback...

Ranger,

I honestly don't know. I just stuck with what was "approved" from Dish. So it's high current DPD2s for the switch insertor diplexor as well as the diplexor with the antenna preamp power insertor and the other Holland Diplexor (I forget the model #) on my other two feeds.

Regards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)