DPP44 and LNB compatibility

fourlizards

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
South Carolina
I was wondering if anyone had any information on a problem I'm having. I have a DPP44 switch and a SuperDish. Last year when Dish added the Voom channels to 61.5, I set up another dish for it and connected it to the DPP44 so that I'd have 105, 110, 119, and 61.5. I had several DishPro LNB's on hand and I found that not all of them would work with the DPP44. After performing a switch test, some of them would come back with "N.C." as the result and others would be just fine. I am curious to know if there is a known compatibility problem with certain LNB's and the DPP44. I looked at the info on the LNB and the only thing stood out was that the ones that worked were not manufactured in the US. Any thoughts?

Thanks

works:
-----
DP-Single
assembled in mexico
BS1B2UP101M lot no. X 3 6
switch test shows "DP-Single"

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 6
switch test shows "DP-Twin"

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 7

DP-Twin
assembled in china
CCS9601 lot no. G211

doesn't work:
------------
DP-Single
assembled in usa
151019 lot no. 0450
switch test shows "no connection"

DP-Single
assembled in usa
151019 lot no. 0310

DP-Twin
assembled in usa
150782 lot no. 0310

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 8

AFAIK, there should be no compatibility issues with any LNB that says DP or DPP with a DP+ 44 switch. With that said, the only reason I can think of you having problems or issues with the "no connection"s is due to you possibly needing to run more than one checkswitch...OR!!, clearing your checkswitch matrix occasionally.

fourlizards said:
I was wondering if anyone had any information on a problem I'm having. I have a DPP44 switch and a SuperDish. Last year when Dish added the Voom channels to 61.5, I set up another dish for it and connected it to the DPP44 so that I'd have 105, 110, 119, and 61.5. I had several DishPro LNB's on hand and I found that not all of them would work with the DPP44. After performing a switch test, some of them would come back with "N.C." as the result and others would be just fine. I am curious to know if there is a known compatibility problem with certain LNB's and the DPP44. I looked at the info on the LNB and the only thing stood out was that the ones that worked were not manufactured in the US. Any thoughts?

Thanks

works:
-----
DP-Single
assembled in mexico
BS1B2UP101M lot no. X 3 6
switch test shows "DP-Single"

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 6

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 7

DP-Twin
assembled in china
CCS9601 lot no. G211

doesn't work:
------------
DP-Single
assembled in usa
151019 lot no. 0450

DP-Single
assembled in usa
151019 lot no. 0310

DP-Twin
assembled in usa
150782 lot no. 0310

DP-Twin
assembled in china
BS1B2UP201M lot no. W 2 8

Here is the compatibility chart. Compatibility Chart.JPG:up

webbydude said:
AFAIK, there should be no compatibility issues with any LNB that says DP or DPP with a DP+ 44 switch. With that said, the only reason I can think of you having problems or issues with the "no connection"s is due to you possibly needing to run more than one checkswitch...OR!!, clearing your checkswitch matrix occasionally.

I ran more than one check switch and I power cycled the switch several times. I'm guessing that's what you mean by clearing the matrix. The tests were always consistent with which ones failed and which ones worked each time. I wonder if something could be defective with the switch.

Clearing the switch matrix, is when you unplug the satellite cable from the receiver and run a check switch. When the check switch completes you should see nothing listed for satellites or switches. This is Clearing the switch matrix.

It sounds almost like the ones that didnt work may be bad wich is a possibility. I have had issues with the dpptwins at times not working with the switch but working fine with the receivers.

lilexecutioner said:
Clearing the switch matrix, is when you unplug the satellite cable from the receiver and run a check switch. When the check switch completes you should see nothing listed for satellites or switches. This is Clearing the switch matrix.

Thanks executioner.