DPP44 Availability

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Anyone know how much longer the Dish DPP44 switches will be available? Mine is working fine, but wondering if I should buy a spare while they are still around. Appears to me that Dish is getting away from using these switches. I run single cables and then use separators for my four HD DVRs throughout the house. Don't know of any other solution should my present DPP44 go south. And yes, I have the $5.99 a month Dish extended warranty. Thoughts?

Out warehouse still has a few Legacy SW44's, SW42's, and SW64's around. We don't use them anymore, but they're still around. :D The DPP44 won't be out of service anytime soon.

AFAIK the DPP44 will be around for a very long time. I have heard a rumor that there is even a new DPP44 switch coming out very soon (like might be in our warehouse next week "soon" not the usual dish "soon") I have heard that it looks like the DPP33 switch, still requires a power inserter, and IS UL listed as a ground block as well!! That would be great. BTW, as long as the 1000+ dish exists, they cannot do away with the DPP44 (unless we see the Fabled Vaporware DPP64 switch some time soon), as it is currently the only single switch solution for 4 orbitals.

we have had the new ground block versions in our warehouse for about a month now. They make things so much nicer :D They are indeed grey like the DPP33's as well, and also have the shorter barrels on the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts