dpp44 not working

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hey guys i just installed my dpp44 and i get tv on all tvs except the one where the inserter is close by. with my super buddy i can get signal from the switch into the power inserter but get nothing out of the inserter.
any suggestions?

Verify that the inserter is installed in the correct direction.

If correct, you may have a bad power inserter.

Make sure the stinger on the cable to both sides of the power inserter sticks out about 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

Last edited:
Yes check the cabling and then try removing power from the inserter and retrying. If you have cabling for your receivers, up to 3, and a spare then use the spare to connect the inserter to output 1 of your DPP44, no output needed. This makes the power and output(s) separate so it is easier to rearrange them.
-Ken

im sure its the power suplly , i just noticed and it doesnt light up. i may have to keep using the dpp33.
i just hate it because it doesnt pick up the 77 w sat. i have 119 on port 1 110 on port 2 and the 77 on port 3. and all the switch recognizes is 119 and 110.

Try it without the power inserter & see if it works. I have not tried this, but have been told by other techs as long as you have a powered receiver on port 1 everything will work. They also say if that receiver becomes unplugged it affects receivers on 2,3, & 4 on the switch.

i tried without the inserter, and it does work sometimes. like i can run check switch and itll say dpp 44, and then without warning i dont get any channels. also i still dont see 77w sat.

Get a new inserter, the receiver does not have sufficient amperage to power the DPP44 for an extended period of time, you might damage the receiver's power supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)