dpp44 to 3 501pvr problem

bigorangekitty

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
yes, i have a superdish 105... hooked up a new dpp44 (plan on eventually adding 61.5). 119 to 1st sat input, 110 to second, 105 to third. all running to 501 pvrs. power inserter hooked in between switch and 1st receiver. none of the receivers see the switch. 1st receiver does a check switch, i have superdish checked, and it does 50 tests, installed switch: unknown. I put my dp34 back up, i get everything back again. i hope someone can help...i'm getting frustrated!

Either your DPP44 died on you...or it's not wired up correctly. It's going to sound stupid, but I've actually seen this on a trouble call; make absolutely sure you have the power insterter wired right. I.e., "switch" output to the DPP44, "receiver" output to your receiver. And finally, you really do need to have the 105 LNB to port #4, not #3. I've seen this also mess up a few installs. Not to the extreme you're experiencing, tho.

There's one other thing about DPP44s - they have long F-fittings. I seem to remember that short coax stingers (center conductor) are a problem - not making contact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)