DPP44 to a 1K.2 dish

MadOtis

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Currently, I have a 1K.2 dish with a single cable (2 in total) running from the dish to a diplexed/separator receiver each. I'm trying to add a DPP44 switch in the system to add a 3rd and 4th receiver.

With the single cable per receiver so far, I only have two cables coming from the dish. Do I need to add a 3rd cable from the LNBF in the dish to port 3 of the DPP44 switch in order to get the same 3 satellites I'm pointing to currently?

I'm assuming that as soon as I connect and power up the DPP44, the internal switch in the 1K.2 is disabled (thus allowing the DPP44 to work it's magic), as without the DPP44, I see 3 sats when performing the switch test, and after adding the DPP44 (with both cables from the dish to the "to dish" ports on the DPP44) and running the switch test, I only see 2.

Thanks in advance!
Randy

I'm no expert but I'm pretty durned sure you don't need that DPP44. I believe there are 3 outputs with the 1000.2 and it has the only switch you need internally. You just run another RG-6 coax to the 3rd receiver's SEPARATOR (if it's a dual tuner) or directly to the receiver if single tuner. The experts will jump in shortly!

Ed

If all your adding is the 222 to your system and have the 1000.2 dish, you don't need a DPP44.

The 1000.2 is capable of handling 3 receivers total. If you take off the LNB assembly, you'll see a total of 4 ports, 3 for receivers and a 4th as an input port for a 4th orbital location.

But to answer your question, yes you would need to run a third line from the dish to the DPP44.

It's been said not to use the 1000.2 DPP LNBF to connect to a DPP44, supposed to use DP Duals/Singles with the W bracket, however there are some on here that do it and have no problem. I say just hook up the 44 and see what you get.

Here's more...

http://www.solidsignal.com/manuals/QuickFacts_DISH1000.2_12.14.06.pdf

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure I will be needing the DPP44 switch, as I do plan on adding a 4th receiver in the next few months. So, looks like I get to take my old arse up on the roof and string more cable. Woo-freakin'-hoo.

If "it's not recommended" to connect a DPP44 to the 1K.2 LNBF, any suggestions on a retailer to get the right bracket and LNBFs for reasonable?

I'd talk to the guys at The Dish Store, one of the sponsers of this site. Click on their logo at the top of the page. Call and talk to 'em, they'll know what you need.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts