Dpp44 ,with Hopper ????

Now the VIP has never been activated, so I'll have to do the entire setup, run a check switch and call Dish?
Will the 211 atleast show me it's ready, ( check switch , signal levels)without being activated?

You're adding a different switch you will need to do a check switch on the Hoppers.
I figured that much.
So much conflicting information.
I was just going to Run the Check switch.
But yes currently all I have is a Eastern Arc 1000.2 with a single Duo node feeding 2 hoppers and 2 joey.
I'm installing a Dpp44 so I can hook up a 211z.

Also does it matter how far the PI is from the switch?

Also does it matter how far the PI is from the switch?
It does because the longer the distance the more power that will be lost in the connecting coax but we're talking about a few hundred feet so it not really much of a problem.

Reactions: Troch77
I'm guess 75 feet max. More like 60 I figure.
And I bought 500 feet or Solid copper core RG6 for the PI 211 run, and for the Switch to Node connections.
And if I have enough left over , which I most likly will, I'm going to run 2 direct lines and eliminate the splitter that feeds the 2 Joeys ,if the New Dish approved Splitter doesn't seem better then the crappy cable splitter the Tech just reused from my Tivo setup.

But a Tech is coming Sunday to check the Moca status, and the Slow Joey.

I'll get some more info off of him about the Phy levels and such , just to see what's acceptable and eliminate any moca problems before I start installing other equipment.

The Hoppers don't need to recognize the DPP44?
If you've done it right, the Hoppers aren't connected directly to the DPP44. They should be connected uniquely to the Duo Node. I'm thinking that it is the Duo Node that the Hoppers interact with, not whatever is upstream (which, by definition, is some manner of DPP switch). The Duo Node is responsible for routing things hither an yon.

Yes , but the Hoppers know what LNB is connected, they wouldn't know that if there's no upstream communication.
They would only see the Node then.

Yes , but the Hoppers know what LNB is connected, they wouldn't know that if there's no upstream communication.
They would only see the Node then.
Why do you suppose Hoppers have a burning need to know what's upstream of the Node (other than for diagnostic purposes)?

Why do you suppose Hoppers have a burning need to know what's upstream of the Node (other than for diagnostic purposes)?
The Hopper needs to know what "switch" the node is connected to so that it can send the correct command to receive the correct satellite/polarity to tune in the desired channel. All the node does is relay the command to the switch and triple stack the desired signals between the node and hopper.

Reactions: Troch77
Look at line" H "on your Diagnostics
system status.

DPP EA2,EA2 (1)EA2 (2)2
This says nothing about the node, and everything about the lnb.
So how would it know this information if nothing from the Hopper goes past the node.

Last I checked the Lnb has to get powered some how to receive channels and information.

Some people wonder why I have some many questions about it???
Because some say one thing and others say something totally opposite.

My Dpp44 switch , Cable and Vip211z has arrived today.
Just waiting on the Tech to see what's up with the laggy Joey and test the Moca.

But Moca has been fine now, so not sure what was going on that night.

DPP EA2,EA2 (1)EA2 (2)2
This says nothing about the node, and everything about the lnb.
So how would it know this information if nothing from the Hopper goes past the node.
As a diagnostic, it may be important (especially for those clueless who might otherwise give the wrong arc as an answer to the question of which arc they're on).

Knowing the information doesn't necessarily mean that it is acquired through querying the LNB proper (nor does it mean that this isn't exactly what happens).

Given that the Duo Node in particular must meet the needs for two Hoppers (or a Hopper and a Super Joey), I expect that it isn't entirely passive.

Okay all hooked up, Everything is good.

Had a little worry, it said LNB Drift detected.

I switch the wires around on the node, and systems passed with ease.
Ended up doing a check switch after on all.

I had the LNBF drift detected on my old 722 for years...nothing ever came of it.

No Drift, I'm not sure what the issue was.
Disconnected and checked all connections from switch to node, and swapped around the cables on the node side. Came back in, rebooted the Hoppers again for the 5th time.
And everything was good.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me there must be a certain way those cable from switch to the node must go.

Because why else would it matter?

It only ever seems to matter with the Hopper with Sling

Either the software is Cappy, or my Hopper with Sling is already having issues.