Dpp44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yes

there is no such thing as a DishProPlus receiver

all 3 digit models are DishPro
4 digit are Legacy

all models will work with a DPP44+

Just for those that care I don't use the power inserter with my dpp 44 and it works just fine! I have a 622 and a 522 with the inserter hooked to the 622 into port 1. Tried to use the inserter plugged in and just had problems with the check switch only showed 119 and 148 ok. I have inputs from 4 locations 61.5,148,119 and 110. Oh and its been hooked up like this for about 8 months, so if it will work for you not plugged in the wall then then use it that way and if it require's you to plug it in do that! Go figure works for some not for others! ;)
</IMG>

The Dpp44 is a "great switch" and i only use power inserter if legacy recievers are in the mix with Dp recievers.
Note: Legacy recievers might burn without power inserter
If all Dp recievers then i dont use power inserter
Note: Its rare to have Legacy recievers in the mix for me personally , 99.9 percent of my installs are all new Dp recievers :D

yes

there is no such thing as a DishProPlus receiver

all 3 digit models are DishPro
4 digit are Legacy

all models will work with a DPP44+

Are you sure of this? I believe Dish Network officially refers to all the set-top boxes that can accept a signal from a separator as "Dish Pro Plus" receivers--even the old 721 is now referred to as a "Dish Pro Plus" receiver. Others on this board have confirmed this.
So, c'mon, everyone. What is the answer to this mystery.:)

"I believe Dish Network officially refers to all the set-top boxes that can accept a signal from a separator as "Dish Pro Plus" receivers--even the old 721 is now referred to as a "Dish Pro Plus" receiver. "

I also believe that you're right on the money because the 721 after a software upgrade can use separators.

If you don't use the power inserter, a DP receiver must be connected on port 1 like webbydude said.

Ok, I ran the coax directly from port 1 (From switch) to my 510 and all receivers work.
Needed to remove the power inserter entirely, not just disconnect the power.
Still doesn't fix my 510, but good to know. :p

Just to close the loop on this...I have my DPP44 hooked up and working just fine without the use of a power injector. It even feeds through about 200' of rg6, No problems!

Jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts