Dr. Who - Disney+

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
There's a discussion about the David Tennant specials and ultimately the new Dr. on Christmas day in the Pub. Might as well have it here, too. I will be subbing to Disney+ for a month tomorrow. The Tennant specials started yesterday. To me, he is THE Dr.

Yep, a 70 yr old whippersnapper. Never watched much of the pre-revival series. But from what I've seen of Baker, I still would put Tennant on top.
Agreed.

I have posted before I am a geek, still read comics, sci-fi, etc.

But when I was a kid, two things my fellow geeks would talk about, Dr. Who when it was on PBS/Windsor Channel 9 (I grew up in Metro Detroit area) and D&D.

I could not stand either, I gave Dr.Who another try during the Tennant years, maybe the up graded production values was what made me interested at first, but his performance kept me watching.

By the way, I have watched the new one twice , then a Tennant special in HDX (1080P) on Vudu.

Just does not compare to the 4K/DV picture on D+.

Well, as I said, I watched it twice in 2 days, probably will again before Saturday.
Have to say I was disappointed that they skewed to the kiddie audience more than I hoped. Tennant and all were great. Problem was RTD'a script. Hoping the next two will be better, especially with Toymaker Neil Patrick Harris and a little of the late Bernard Cribbens (Wilf).

Last edited:
Do yourselves a favor (which you probably won't) and FF to the last two minutes of the #2 special. It is by far THE worst Dr. Who EVER! RTD has apparently lost it! And it P*sses me off that he wasted the opportunity with Tennant! I think the new Doctor will be doomed if he keeps this sh*t up. But the last two minutes are a must!

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Was pretty much like a normal Dr. Who episode, nothing special, which it should of been since it is only number 2 of 3 and probably the last time Tennant plays the character for the full episode.

Next week will be his last time, better be ******* great.
Can't agree about normal. Abnormal, definately!

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
It was a good episode, but it was just a episode.

Just did not feel like a special, the second of three, which has David Tennant properly playing the character for the last time.
I agree. I have waited a while to see this special and the first two episodes have not really impressed me. I expected Tenant to shine but this is not that . Hell I wish he could get his old companion Rose Tyler back but she is stuck in a different dimension than ours now. Loved her in that role and they were good together on the show.

I agree. I have waited a while to see this special and the first two episodes have not really impressed me. I expected Tenant to shine but this is not that . Hell I wish he could get his old companion Rose Tyler back but she is stuck in a different dimension than ours now. Loved her in that role and they were good together on the show.
I never really liked Donna. Rose, Hell Yes!

Thou I thought Pt. 3 was better than the the preceeding, the ending was just Off The Charts Weird! It did one thing...made sure I will never watch again!

Last edited:
Thought I thought Pt. 3 was better than the the preceeding, the ending was just Off The Charts Weird! It did one thing...made sure I will never watch again!
I have known about this for a year, the goal of the specials was to bring David Tenant back for….the Doctor Who movie, planned for 2026, 60th Anniversary, co-produced by Disney/Sony/BBC Films.

Not joking at all, Disney and Sony wanted Tenant back, the most bankable star to play the Doctor, he did not want to do another Doctor Who series for a couple of years to lead into the movie, but was happy to do the specials to lead into the movie, hence why we have two Doctors, a TV version and now a movie version.

Just the opposite for us. While the third special was not spectacular we did think it was pretty good and without giving any details the ending made sure that we will watch again - at least for the time being. You never know who you might see! ;)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have known about this for a year, the goal of the specials was to bring David Tenant back for….the Doctor Who movie, planned for 2026, 60th Anniversary, co-produced by Disney/Sony/BBC Films.

Not joking at all, Disney and Sony wanted Tenant back, the most bankable star to play the Doctor, he did not want to do another Doctor Who series for a couple of years to lead into the movie, but was happy to do the specials to lead into the movie, hence why we have two Doctors, a TV version and now a movie version.
I bet the Movie will never happen after this dismal specials.

Do yourselves a favor (which you probably won't) and FF to the last two minutes of the #2 special. It is by far THE worst Dr. Who EVER! RTD has apparently lost it! And it P*sses me off that he wasted the opportunity with Tennant! I think the new Doctor will be doomed if he keeps this sh*t up. But the last two minutes are a must!
I was watching it and wondering...
"Did I take too many 'gummies', or not enough???"