Dr Who - The return of Susan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Could the long lost relative be Susan?

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Joanna Page is being lined up as the next star of Doctor Who

*note* some of the link might be NSFW, so I've quoted most of the article to spare people the "pain".
SIZZLING Gavin And Stacey babe Joanna Page is being lined up as the next star of Doctor Who.

The move comes after the Welsh beauty scooped a part in the latest series.

The blonde actress is set to play a long-lost relative of the Time Lord in two episodes.

And bosses hope she will stay on to become a major star of the hit BBC1 sci-fi show.

Like Freema Agyeman, who initially landed a role as a scientist before becoming the Doctor’s assistant, bosses hope Joanna, 32, will have a “big future” in the show.

They see the babe, who helped Gavin And Stacey to a BAFTA and Best TV Comedy Award, as a huge ratings draw.
An insider said: “Joanna could be massive for the show.

“She’s been offered two episodes and if that goes well the sky’s the limit.

“She’ll start off as a long-lost relative of the Doctor but may then become a major player.”

The show, which regularly pulls in more than six million viewers, has a history of “sounding out” new stars before they land a major part. Like Freema, 31, comedienne Catherine Tate, 42, made a guest appearance as a woman in a wedding dress – before going on to become the Doctor’s companion.

And Joanna’s arrival will add “big name” quality to the cast after relative unknown Karen Gillan, 22, became Time Lord actor Matt Smith’s most recent sidekick.

As well as BBC sitcom Gavin And Stacey, Joanna also starred in romantic comedy Love Actually.

Our source said: “Joanna is the one of the most recognisable faces in television at the moment.

“Obviously we would love her to have a long-term future in Doctor Who.”

Her husband James Thornton, 34, plays farmer John Barton in ITV1 soap Emmerdale.

A friend said: “I think Joanna would be fantastic in Doctor Who.

“I could definitely see her as the Doctor’s companion. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

Last edited:
I guess doctor who has run its course. Stacy as a side kick what a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't agree with you at all. The Doctor series has had many great sidekicks. Until we see what she does with the character, it's hard to pass judgement.

laff, no big deal, just didn't want anyone to get caught off-guard. I think we all love the page 3 girls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts