Dragon Age: Origins

Been playing as a human noble warrior. Great game so far, I've went to Redcliffe first and pretty much finished it up to where you choose between killing the kid or the mother (or go to the circle instead), but am now thinking about starting over, as I have a better handle on attributes and traits to use.

What would everyones opinion on the best type of character to go with?

I'm a sword and board Daelish Elf, having a blast with Shale, Morrigan, and Wynne as my party. Playing on PC though, so if I regret a decision I could use a mod and re-spec my character. Though I've yet to do that as a shield-specced warrior.

I'm a sword and board Daelish Elf, having a blast with Shale, Morrigan, and Wynne as my party. Playing on PC though, so if I regret a decision I could use a mod and re-spec my character. Though I've yet to do that as a shield-specced warrior.
I wouldn't mind the PC version, but when I tried the character creator (in order to get a free download), it pretty much stated that my video card was up to the task.

So far the decisions I've regretted, is not putting more points into persuasion (pretty much required to save the possessed girl when getting Shale).
Very handy attribute I've found out.

As it is, I put the one quest on hold and tried a few others (Shale & the Keep) in order to get that up. Bought a very expensive item that allowed me to bump a character trait, so with that I've decided to stick out with my Human Warrior.

For you Dragon Age fans that can't get enough, a new expansion called Dragon Age: Origins — Awakenings has just been announced. It is due out March 16. Price tag: $40.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the date. Return to Ostengard was supposed to come out today but was delayed.

Dragon Age itself came out several months after it's original release date as well.

Dragon Age II

Okay, been playing Dragon Age II the last couple of weeks.

Talk about a HUGE dissapointment. The story starts out okay, but then gets real linear. Also, they recylcle the same couple of maps for every dungeon or cavern. All they do is put a door to block off some areas to make it smaller or bigger. Makes things really repetative and boring.

Awaking was much better than this. You know it's bad when the sequal is worse than the expansion.

A shame since Origins was one of the best games I've played.

Oh well, hopefully when Elder Scrolls V comes out in November it'll be better.

I guess even Bioware isn't immune to the horrible cash-in sequel. I hope this trend doesn't continue with Mass Effect 3.

I guess as a thank you for buying the crappy sequal, Bioware just sent registered owners of DA:2 a code to download a copy of Mass Effect 2 for the PC.

Now the question is if mine can handle it or not.
Based on this, probably not. So I'll just save a copy until I upgrade the beast.
PC MINIMUM System Requirements
OS = WINDOWS XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
Processor = 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory = 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive = 15 GB
DVD ROM = 1x Speed
Sound Card = DirectX 9.0c compatible
Direct X = DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
Input = Keyboard / Mouse
Video Card = 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

PC RECOMMENDED System Requirements
Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX August 2008
NOTES: For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

You should at least try to install it. If you can run the Dragon Age games I think you'd be able to run ME2. ME2 is an unbelievably fun and engrossing game in my opinion, although if you haven't played ME1 I would strongly suggest reading up on the plot points so you're not completely lost.

You should at least try to install it. If you can run the Dragon Age games I think you'd be able to run ME2. ME2 is an unbelievably fun and engrossing game in my opinion, although if you haven't played ME1 I would strongly suggest reading up on the plot points so you're not completely lost.
I tried the Dragon Age: Origins Character Creator when it came out, and it failed to run on my PC. So I got the PS3 version of DA instead.

My PC is getting long in the tooth, so doubt it'll run ME2 or even ME1.
It fails on the Processor, Memory, and Video Card minimum requirements.

I tried the Dragon Age: Origins Character Creator when it came out, and it failed to run on my PC. So I got the PS3 version of DA instead.

My PC is getting long in the tooth, so doubt it'll run ME2 or even ME1.
It fails on the Processor, Memory, and Video Card minimum requirements.

Damn.. I thought my PC was old.. In any case as soon as you get your new PC ME2 should be one of your first installs.

Derwin0 said:
Okay, been playing Dragon Age II the last couple of weeks.

Talk about a HUGE dissapointment. The story starts out okay, but then gets real linear. Also, they recylcle the same couple of maps for every dungeon or cavern. All they do is put a door to block off some areas to make it smaller or bigger. Makes things really repetative and boring.

Awaking was much better than this. You know it's bad when the sequal is worse than the expansion.

A shame since Origins was one of the best games I've played.

Oh well, hopefully when Elder Scrolls V comes out in November it'll be better.

IDK I liked it and I played through 3 times using different classes.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SatelliteGuys