Drive-In theaters making a comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragon002 said:
bob , there ar at least 6 operating drive-ins near pittsburgh.

show me a list? twin highway on 60 robinson twp closed, ones on rt 30 and 51 closed.

how far from pittsburgh are you talking about?

I THINK theres one left in butler info please:)

dependable di......coraopolis

kane di .......alliquippa

brownsville di....brownsville

pioneer di....butler

skyview di...carmichaels

evergreen di....mt pleasant

malden di....west brownsville

We still have a Drive-In Theater close to where I live way out in the country. It has managed to stay open all thru the low interest years and now is thriving again. I think they are still great just as I did as as youngster. I am south of Chicago out in the flatland.

I had forgotten about the top of the park sit down outdoor movies that used to take place in downtown ann arbor. There used to be a small park next to a multi story carport, during the summer months the city or the university or some group would show movies on a 150 inch screen that sat on the top level of the car garage. Most of us who went took a lawn chair or some thick towels, you could get canned soda, water, or juice and some easy snacks there and spend the evening watching older movies albeit somewhat cheesey.

We have a new drive-in theater that opened in our area recently.It has two screens,showing two movies on each screen.Currently,they are only open on Fri.,Sat. and Sun. nights.We haven't visited it yet,but,we plan on going to it to check out the re-make of "The Hills Have Eyes" this weekend. I was wondering if anyone else on here has noticed the re-emergence of the drive-ins.They seem to be getting popular once again.

The two drive ins near us just remodeled and upgraded their equipment. Business has been booming.

But how comfortable would you be letting your teenage daughter go on a date to one? ;)

Yeah, I know- kinda OBE.

I hope they make a comeback. We've had one in my home town for quite some time now, but it would'nt surprise me if they were becoming popular again. Ours is only open on the weekends in spring and summer, but it really does make a nice little getaway for the whole family. We even have a little park for the kids to play at when the movie isn't something they enjoy.

I guess it depends upon what part of the country you live in. With the price of land being what it is, I don't see it happening anywhere near a metropolitan area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts