Drive in theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily, there is one about 10 miles from my house and they charge $9.00 a car. Granted, thier new releases are about two weeks behind but who cares, its fun.

They have an old classic one 5 mins from here, alas I have only been there twice, now I hear this is their last season, they are going to be building houses there : ( There is one more about 30mins away : )

This is near and dear to my heart. My wife and I had our first date at a Drive-In almost 30 years ago. I proposed there about a year later.

It's a Home Depot parking lot now. :(

The last drive in movie I remember seeing was Orka the Killer Whale.

There aren't any around here.

I also don't remember any around the Dallas area, where I'm from.

The closest one to the DFW are is the Brazos Drive-In in Granbury.

I used to live in Plano. I miss Plano.... I hope we can get back there soon. :)

There is a Drive In up the street from me which closed a few years ago. The Hartford Drive in on the Berlin Turnpike.

Last year for fun I drove up there with a projector, FM transmitter, my 721 a dish on a stand and also a stereo and showed WWE Summer Slam on the screen. :D

We had a few friends and had a nice picnic.

It was kind of fun to do. Too bad the projector I had couldnt fill the screen. :D

I swear before summers out I'm gonna do close to the same :) There is a post in the pj section of avs about a guy that built a big screen and did the same...no abandoned theater ava, but a large shop at a Ranch where I go quite often(white shop) :D

A Tulsa Icon, The Admiral Twin here in Tulsa has been open since the early 1950's. Its original wood structure burned down Labor Weekend 2010. It just reopened this past summer after being completely rebuilt with steel to mimic the original outline. If you've seen The Outsiders or read any of SE Hinton's books you'll know about the Admiral Twin.

Double features on both screens open March 1st thru Mid to late October depending on weather.

admiral original.jpg admiral fire.jpg admiral new.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.