I ordered something on eBay and received an item that's not even in the same universe as the correct product.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I ordered an HDMI to RCA converter and received a LINT REMOVER!!! I reported the transaction to PayPal and I know I will get a refund. But come on! Are these two different items even remotely close???? Geez!

I ordered an HDMI to RCA converter and received a LINT REMOVER!!! I reported the transaction to PayPal and I know I will get a refund. But come on! Are these two different items even remotely close???? Geez!
Could have been as simple as the seller that sell several different "genres" of things got a couple packages mixed up, before labeling. So you resort straight to reporting it to PayPal without at least asking the seller what is up first. Come on.

Hey, imagine the poor guy who ordered a lint remover, and got your HDMI to RCA converter... You just file a case with Ebay, wait the 14 days, and the seller will either sort it out, OR Ebay will refund you.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Could have been as simple as the seller that sell several different "genres" of things got a couple packages mixed up, before labeling. So you resort straight to reporting it to PayPal without at least asking the seller what is up first. Come on.
Well, I told PayPal to contact the seller for a refund. I contacted the seller too.

I’ve heard many reports of less than satisfactory settlements thru eBay. That’s why I rarely use them.

Kind of strange. Electronics as the interest. I looked on eBay just now for "hdmi converter". Selected distance first.
Came up with one from J and A Vintage. Sellers other items. Figurines, trash bags, 1940 Plymouth Headlight Bezel, a mustard jar??. If I ordered the converter and received a Krugerrand that wouldn't be such a bad thing....for me.

Resellers who drop ship irk me also. A desk, a pc. And not a single thing else to put an actual finger on.
I kind of agree in directly contacting the actual seller. But there have been times when the seller does not reply in a timely manner or requests a bunch of information. Just send a return prepaid label. Put your hands on the right item, and ship it. I will pay and when the wrong/defective one hits your doorstep. Refund me.
Paypal has assisted me almost immediately in most times. They have put payments in limbo. In my favor.
Still sucks.

That seems much less involved than creating a black mark for the seller and additional PayPal transactions.
All I told PayPal was to notify the seller that he sent the wrong item. I would have told eBay instead, but I hate chatting online and rather talk on the phone, but getting someone on the phone with eBay is such a damn project. So I called PayPal instead.