ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Saturday January 13, 2024

Hi Chit-Chat Folks,

YES, I do have something in mind!!!

The COLD WEATHER UP HERE IN SEATAC, WASHINGTON!!!
In the 20's at this hour and will be 26 degrees, Saturday January 13th!!!

Do anyone here knows any best space heater for a 300 sq feet room
which has NO insulation up in the addick above?????
Do anyone knows what is the best space heater that handles
with outside weather in the 30's and drop down to the teens???
And that the house is NOT well insulated????

In November, 2023 my 38 years old nephew gave me this
Lasko Oscillating Bladeless Heater for a large room that's 300 sq ft.

When I got it, it worked!!!

That's because the outside weather was in the 40's and 50's
which makes my studio warm from 59 to 67 degree, with
the Lasko Oscillating Bladeless heater.

Inclosed photos of this heater and photos of my studio to show
you it's 300 sq, feet.

You'll see photos of the heater with different temp.
When it was 68 degrees inside the room with NO
insulation, the outside weather was in the
40's and in the 50's.

When the inside temp. is 54 degree "CHILLY" without
insulation, the outside freezing temp. is in the 20's!!!!

I gave feedback to Oscillating Bladeless that they should
make their products to have high power blow hot air fan!!!!

Anyone knows??? There should be a better heater for 2024!!!

Remember, in the photos, above the ceiling is the addick
with NO insulation!!! That means cold air, especially during this
time, the arctic air or artic win goes through inside!!!!

This is the room where I type this thread to all of you.
: - ))))

Thanks!!! Hope all helps with answers.

Here's the link to Amazon that my 38 years old nephew bought
the heater for me.

What do you think????

COLD!!! BRR!!!
January 13, 2024

Attachments

• COLD Weather - 01-13-2024.png
    COLD Weather - 01-13-2024.png
    513 KB · Views: 48
  • 54 degree inside with COLD Weather - 01-13-2024.jpeg
    54 degree inside with COLD Weather - 01-13-2024.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 57
  • Room - Angle 3.jpeg
    Room - Angle 3.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Room - Angle 1.jpeg
    Room - Angle 1.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 68.jpeg
    68.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 59
If you can get the fuel, I recommend a kerosene heater.

Don’t expect any improvements in electrical heaters. Those only exist in marketing.

If you can get the fuel, I recommend a kerosene heater.

Don’t expect any improvements in electrical heaters. Those only exist in marketing.
Hey NavyChop,
Can you give me the link of Kerosene heater? Or at least a photo of it. And the description. And are they safe in my room??? Comfortably_numb said it's an awesome room!!!
: - )))
Thanks.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
If you really want to get picky, some big box HW stores sell some super pure kerosene - but it ain’t cheap. ——-

On edit: Deleted last sentence. Stupid. DK what I was thinking!

Last edited:
Oh Gawd! Please don't make the mistake of ever using off road kero in any heater. You'll never get the stink out. I only use white kerosene. But for any of the indoor kero heaters be prepared to change wicks often. And still. There are additives that will help with the stink. Tractor Supply kero is ex-pen-siveeee. Campground, gas stations should have pure white kerosene. Never ever use the pink stuff. Ever!
Electric heat is electric heat. You'll never get any more heat from resistance heating no matter how "efficient" the claim is. If you don't mind the meter spinning on the pole, that's cool. If you do use them it would be a really really good idea to shut off the breaker for that circuit and make sure the outlets are in perfect condition and pull the cover and tighten the screws on the wiring terminals.
How do I know? Scotty in Florida had outlets and circuit breakers turn into Stink and Smoklite.
It was amazing how outlet screws loosen over time. We checked every room in his house and replaced a bunch of receptacles.
That's a cluttered room. Make sure you have enough clearance around any heater. A no brainer.
When we get a cold snap up here in N. PA I use a Mr. Heater Big Buddy with a 12' hose. On low I get about a week on a #30 propane tank. It has a built in fan with a power jack for a wall wart power supply or you can slap D Cells in it.
Soap bubble check every fitting. Without fail. It has bump/tipover protction and low O2 shutoff. But get a CO alarm.
Of course you know you really should have more insulation. Bags of blow in cellulose aren't too expensive and if you hit the right place they will lend or rent you the blower. Well worth the trip upstairs.
Oh. Yeah. I have hydronic baseboard heating too. I've taken rolls of silver bubble foil insulation and cut 4, 4 1/2" wide strips and slipped them behind the fins. Used spray glue to keep them there. That way you're not heating the outside wall. The difference is very noticeable. If your room doesn't have baseboard fin tube. Why not think about it.
A very small fan blowing into the bottom of the covers at an angle will assist convection. I use a few old PC fans here and there with wall wart power supplies from the box-o-junk.
There are electric baseboard heaters also. You could whistle in a few of them and slip in a high current wall thermostat.
For long term. Why not a pellet stove? Easy to install. On the coldest day you'll use about a bag a day. Find a spot by an outside wall. Bore a hole for inlet and outlet combustion air. You can use PVC....it runs that cool! Plug in in, load the hopper, set the thermostat on it. Wa La!
My buddy was getting a tri-axle of logs every year. Chainsaw gas, 2 stroke oil, chains. Cut it up.....hits the ground....pick it up and put it in the splitter. Pick it up again and stack it. Then go outside and grab a few armloads a few times a day. $850 a load, gas,oil, chain sharpening, the whole pita of it all.
Or grab an bag and fill a hopper. Even the wifey can do it. No wood smoke in the house. A little more per year but more time for beer!
February and -20's here we go!
Good Luck!

Reactions: navychop
Please don't make the mistake of ever using off road kero in any heater

Nice catch! BAD brain burp on my part. Edited out. I can only think I was remembering where I bought kerosene, those pumps were right next to the off road diesel.

Pellet stove sounds good, but that’s a bit of up front work. Especially this time of year.

Reactions: arlo