Drive noise on HD20 700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrsnak

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
California
YouTube - DIrectTV hd noise

This sporadic drive noise is consistent day and night, whether the unit is recording, playing back or idle.
Is this normal? It's loud enough to be annoying at night and rises above low talking levels on TV.
Unit is 2 months old and has done this from the beginning.

YouTube - DIrectTV hd noise

This sporadic drive noise is consistent day and night, whether the unit is recording, playing back or idle.
Is this normal? It's loud enough to be annoying at night and rises above low talking levels on TV.
Unit is 2 months old and has done this from the beginning.

It is louder than normal, but all hard drives make some noise. I'd be sure there is nothing on there you want to watch in case it fails. If it does, Directv will replace it with no additional commitment.

It is louder than normal, but all hard drives make some noise. I'd be sure there is nothing on there you want to watch in case it fails. If it does, Directv will replace it with no additional commitment.

LOL, that's encouraging, Raoul... however the DVR is only warranteed for 90 days. Contract makes a big deal about how you are responsible for anything after that. Need to nip this in the bud...
I've never had a DVR make that kind of noise, the Dish one was quiet, and so were all my Tivos.

Got feedback from the DTV forum that the drive should not be sounding like that. It should be whisper-quiet.
Raoul, do you have this same drive?
Do you think it's drive or fan noise?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)