droid turbo

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Anyone have one? I've got one on the way, and am excited.
Went with the ballistic nylon , as I preferred the look.

The battery life should by amazing!

Last edited:
This will probably be released on other carriers as the Moto Maxx...

I'm done with Verizon's pricing after this contract...
I've not been able to find much difference in the price among national carriers.

That's said, I also carry a phone with a straight talk Sim, its worth it imo. The price is great, and the coverage is the same as att

Loving it as well.

I also picked up a 2014 moto g for my straight talk account. For the money, that's as impressive as the turbo. Got it new on amazon contract free for $151.

More I use the g the more I'm impressed by it. Obviously not top tier like the turbo, but just good enough for the money with pure android. Its like 80% of the phone for 20% of the money.

More I use the g the more I'm impressed by it. Obviously not top tier like the turbo, but just good enough for the money with pure android. Its like 80% of the phone for 20% of the money.
Yeah its a good phone, but didn't Moto take a step backwards with the gen 2 G? If memory serves gen 1 had LTE and Gen 2 does not.

Yeah its a good phone, but didn't Moto take a step backwards with the gen 2 G?
The internals are largely the same, but with the gen 2 you get a 5 inch screen versus the smaller 4.7 and an upgraded camera.

If memory serves gen 1 had LTE and Gen 2 does not.

Yes and no. The original Moto G did not have LTE. Not initially.
They later came out with the same model with LTE capability added.

The newest one does not have it, although I assume like last time they will come out with a midpoint model with that being the only change.

For my uses on straight talk, LTE was not an issue as I am on the ATT network and they do not offer it here anyway.
It does get HSPA+ which gives me around 12 mbps down and 1.5 up. More than enough for my needs, although nowhere close to approaching what I get with Verizon LTE which hits 50+ down and 15-20 up regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)