Dropped Dish for now :(

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, to save a little money I rented my finished basement to a friend who has subbed to DTV for a while. After much back and forth we decided that it was cheaper to go with DTV for now(cancelation fees and such) so I canceled Dish :( I had no problems with them, it was just a decision that made the most sense. Nice thing is that I get to break out my HD Tivo again, even upgraded it with software from dvrupgrade.com so I can use TivoWeb and other goodies. Maybe I'll get brave and get one of the new DTV HD receivers once they have some more of the bugs worked out. Don't worry though, I won't defect over to the "Other Site" :D

I think I would have went the other way. However is cheaper then paying for two services.

Well, we may be changing back to Dish anyway since my local retailer is telling me I owe them over $1600 for breach of contract(After I paid the $13/month penatly for Dish)?!?! I'll call tomorrow to see if its just a scare tactic or not. Obviously, if thats the case then I'll be back with Dish! I don't really care which service right now, they both have their positives and negatives, I'm just trying to get the best deal. I would love to keep both in the house but this whole thing has been part of a money saving plan!

why would you owe them that much??

If he broke his contract early enough the retailer was probably charged back on incentive payments that he was paid for obtaining the customer. If the op has a signed third party agreement with the retailer in question he is responsible for what he is being charged.

If he broke his contract early enough the retailer was probably charged back on incentive payments that he was paid for obtaining the customer. If the op has a signed third party agreement with the retailer in question he is responsible for what he is being charged.

This is why I NEVER go with a third party and deal directly with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)