Dropped HD Pack But Receiver Continues To Go To Those Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
I recently dropped the HD package from directv and now my receiver (H20 600) continues to go to the HD version of a channel whenever I punch in the channel number. I then have to channel up or down then back to the original channel to get it. I did go into menu and unchecked the HD versions and rechecked the SD versions. I also rebooted the receiver but it makes no difference.

Anyone know if and when directv plans on fixing this issue?

I recently dropped the HD package from directv and now my receiver (H20 600) continues to go to the HD version of a channel whenever I punch in the channel number. I then have to channel up or down then back to the original channel to get it. I did go into menu and unchecked the HD versions and rechecked the SD versions. I also rebooted the receiver but it makes no difference.

Not sure if this is your issue or not, but you might want to go online or give DTV a call and verify that it was actually removed. I have had issues in the past with trying to add service online. I get confirmation that the service was added, but I still get "channel not purchased." Go online and look at my account and the service is not active. Never really figured out what was causing it.

Are you saying that you dropped the HD package and are still getting them ?
It's probably because it's paid thru the end of the month.
That would be my guess.

Jimbo

No, I no longer get them, I get the black screen with the message on it.

It's like before the upgrade when you would punch in the channel # on the remote and the SD version would come up, then you had to scroll up or down then back to the channel to get it in HD. Only now it's the opposite.

If you don't need any channels from the 99 and 103 sat you could go back into satellite setup and choose the 3 lnb dish. This tricks the receiver into thinking that those channels don't exist,

If you don't need any channels from the 99 and 103 sat you could go back into satellite setup and choose the 3 lnb dish. This tricks the receiver into thinking that those channels don't exist,

It's not that big of a deal I guess. It's just that it's a minor nuisance.

Not sure if this is your issue or not, but you might want to go online or give DTV a call and verify that it was actually removed. I have had issues in the past with trying to add service online. I get confirmation that the service was added, but I still get "channel not purchased." Go online and look at my account and the service is not active. Never really figured out what was causing it.

Sorry, I totally misunderstand your issue. That will teach me to read slower next time.:)

Anyone who leases an HD receiver MUST subscribe to HD access as a condition of the lease. Are you speaking of the HD Extra package?

Anyone who leases an HD receiver MUST subscribe to HD access as a condition of the lease. Are you speaking of the HD Extra package?

No, I'm talking about the regular 9.99 a month HD package. I've had the HD package for 4 years now and recently decided to give it up because I'm sick of being nickel and dimed to death by DTV. The recent loss of HD channels to another 4.99 package along with the 3.00 a month increase was the last straw for me. As for the receiver, It's not a lease.

My question is why in the heck would you drop HD? don't want to get to personal sir but man. . and you have DIRECTV....I would never...I would be late on my car payment to have HD channels. . . . .

My question is why in the heck would you drop HD? don't want to get to personal sir but man. . and you have DIRECTV....I would never...I would be late on my car payment to have HD channels. . . . .

Like I said, I am sick of DTV nickel and diming me to death. I had the HD pack for years, spending 10.99 a month on about four channels. Then DTV adds a boatload of HD and what do they do? Package the ones that aren't available in SD into another package costing 4.99 more per month to get them. I was also a long time subscriber to Sunday Ticket but dropped that three years ago because of price increases.

Just like Sunday Ticket, I can live without HD.

Back to the original concern...there is an option in the menu somewhere where you can hide or show standard versions of HD channels. Just go there and set it to show the standard versions. Then check the standard versions in your favorites setup and uncheck the HD versions. You shall be all set.

Back to the original concern...there is an option in the menu somewhere where you can hide or show standard versions of HD channels. Just go there and set it to show the standard versions. Then check the standard versions in your favorites setup and uncheck the HD versions. You shall be all set.

That's what I was going to suggest. "Hide SD Duplicates" is probably checked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)