Dropped Voom for Dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rexoverbey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I dropped Voom for Dish this week. So I guess I'll be in this part of the forum from now on. My install is in 2 weeks so I will probably be posting my experience then. :)

1. They only accept credit cards as payment
2. Lots of bugs with receivers
3. Missing to many good SD channels like Sci-Fi, Tech TV, HGTV
4. Exclusive channels kept looping same material

These are the main reasons.

Ya I heard there was bugs with Dish too. Though I haven't heard what they were. Could you give me a short list.

Don't mind them.... they're just cranky that we have 110+ music channels now with the Sirius additions.....

Welcome back......

Don't mind them.... they're just cranky that we have 110+ music channels now with the Sirius additions.....
But don't forget they have the exclusive hd channels that loop the same thing all day long! :)

GaryPen said:
There are none. I swear.

If you are getting anything besides the 311 & 510 the list is too long to bother with. The four HDTV channels with old movies or Discovery HD with it's 6 hour loop should be a real improvement over VOOM. What is that old saying "out of the frying pan into the fire".

boba said:
If you are getting anything besides the 311 & 510 the list is too long to bother with. The four HDTV channels with old movies or Discovery HD with it's 6 hour loop should be a real improvement over VOOM. What is that old saying "out of the frying pan into the fire".

:eureka Then why don't you drop Dish and move to Voom. That way it will be a wash!

I have had my 811 now for about a week and honestly the problems seem minimal to me. One thing to remember is that this is still a new technology, if you bought a cell phone in 1984 you had these same "issues" I don't think you will be too dissapointed with DISH and HD programming, getting TNT would be a big help.

I would rather watch good SD instead of crappy HD anyday. Most of their HD is converted to hd from old film which doens't even look all that great.

rex,

We all look forward to hearing your experience with Dish, as compared to VOOM.

bigthrust said:
:eureka Then why don't you drop Dish and move to Voom. That way it will be a wash!

I earn my living by selling DISH, Directv and soon VOOM it is very hard to drop it. It is even harder to ignore the crap they pass off as quality equipment.

boba said:
I earn my living by selling DISH, Directv and soon VOOM it is very hard to drop it. It is even harder to ignore the crap they pass off as quality equipment.

Ok.....so you should know what is crap and what is not.

rexoverbey said:
I would rather watch good SD instead of crappy HD anyday. Most of their HD is converted to hd from old film which doens't even look all that great.

Oh, you mean Voom is responsible for what is on CinemaxHD, ShowHD, StarzHD, BravoHD, TMCHD, DHHD, EncoreHD, PlayboyHD - just to name a few crappy HD channels available on Voom. You sure you really prefer to watch SD over those crappy HD channels?

Oh, you mean Voom is responsible for what is on CinemaxHD, ShowHD, StarzHD, BravoHD, TMCHD, DHHD, EncoreHD, PlayboyHD - just to name a few crappy HD channels available on Voom. You sure you really prefer to watch SD over those crappy HD channels?

You guys complain when I'm in the Voom forum, no you follow me here. I don't catch a break do I?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)